Amigo Sampler - 8-Bit Amiga Style Sampler Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like the fact it is extremely limited and simple. Throw in a sample, pitch/stretch, make music. Like the old days with a 4 track, a drum machine, a sequencer, a mono synth and a cheap reverb.

Thank you Potenza, Amigo is awesome.
A lot of fun to use and the simple options are perfect to just get rolling and not faff about.
Already used it in a nearly done track and it was brilliant. It's real nice automating parameters for edits. It sounds like a more authentic jungle sound as well. Simple options force creativity and allow us to be faster... I quite frankly need a lot of help to be faster so tools like Amigo are very welcome indeed

As nifty as this seems I'd still like a demo..... Any chance that's happening?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Are the start and end locators of the sample editor automatable parameters or can they only be operated by mouse?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am Are the start and end locators of the sample editor automatable parameters or can they only be operated by mouse?
They show as automation targets, and the actual played back start and end position do change based on how they are controlled from the DAW, but the markers do not move visually in the GUI to reflect where the start and end positions actually are if you control them like that.

Guenon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am
Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am Are the start and end locators of the sample editor automatable parameters or can they only be operated by mouse?
They show as automation targets, and the actual played back start and end position do change based on how they are controlled from the DAW, but the markers do not move visually in the GUI to reflect where the start and end positions actually are if you control them like that.
This is fixed in the latest developement version, coming soon in version 1.0.1,
Somone said earlier if the loop marker had to move with the end marker, and im afraid this has to be the case, this allows all values of start, end and loop to be valid and is what allows them to be automatable.
Vortifex wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:36 pm
emef wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:17 pm
mcbpete wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:02 pm
Grodada wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:43 pm Does anyone have any links to amiga samples?
How about 115 disks worth :)

https://archive.org/details/AmigaSTXX
i'm probably being extremely stupid, but how do you load these in Amigo?
they don't show up when i click load in Amigo, the Mirage one's do
they don't show up in the DAW browser either
help an idiot out please, cheers :dog:
Drag and drop
Yes this im very annoyed about. Essentially in code, when I open a native file browser, Obviously i want to look for certain file, i.e. mp3, wav etc. You do this by passing a regex string with the patterns you want : "*.mp3;*.wav", but because of limitations of macos, I am not allowed to specificy specific names, or have "filename" with no ending. It's very frustrating and I'm looking to get it fixed.

JerGoertz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 am
Caine123 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 am it says
https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/

so it is freely usable?
A lot of stuff still under copyright gets uploaded to archive.org.

I wouldn't use what you mentioned as proof to the contrary.
thanks, do you know sources/amiga samples which are freely to use?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am
so it is freely usable?
I think that reference/link to the CC license was with regards the sample CDs that were mentioned being uploaded to archive.org. The ST disks were/are public domain software, still available on the Amiga Aminet service - http://aminet.net/mods/inst

mcbpete wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am
Caine123 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am
so it is freely usable?
I think that reference/link to the CC license was with regards the sample CDs that were mentioned being uploaded to archive.org. The ST disks were/are public domain software, still available on the Amiga Aminet service - http://aminet.net/mods/inst
thanks, im so stupid with these :D does public domain mean freely usable?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I'm absolutely no lawyer but I've always took Public Domain as being 'completely free to use for whatever purpose, but you can't then claim its yours and then start charging for it'
The least restrictive license, allowing anyone to do anything they wish with the product except own it (this includes modifying it and/or selling it for profit).

Unlike any other license, this one is (theoretically) irrevocable. Copyright holders retain the right to change the terms under which copies are allowed. Copyright holders can change GPL, BSD, or MIT, to proprietary, for examples. But declaring Public Domain is a final relinquishing of Copyright, no changing terms after that.

mcbpete wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 am I'm absolutely no lawyer but I've always took Public Domain as being 'completely free to use for whatever purpose, but you can't then claim its yours and then start charging for it'
The definition of public domain is that it is not covered by any copyright. So noone owns it, noone can own it, noone gets a say in who uses it or how. You can claim it as yours, insist you own copyright over it, and charge for it. But you dont own it, there's no copyright you can leverage, and if someone pays you for it (without some sort of added value specific to your distribution), they've wasted their money.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I like the name of the plugin.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I'm an idiot who doesn't even know what "jungle" is, but I bought this thing and I like the sound. I like samplers that have a flavor and this one is pretty cool.

ilchef-potenzadsp wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am
Guenon wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am
This is fixed in the latest developement version, coming soon in version 1.0.1,
Somone said earlier if the loop marker had to move with the end marker, and im afraid this has to be the case, this allows all values of start, end and loop to be valid and is what allows them to be automatable.
I actually bought it despite the samplerate limitation (but it is what it is), but one thing that is kinda frustrating is that the start, end and loop markers do not move smoothly but apparently move a bit randomly. If you want to try and set a loop point onto a zero crossing it's basically impossible. It jumps back and forth with little reason to it. On old Amiga samplers you usually had the option to set loop points with a number (so sample by sample).

Another endorsement from a hardware Jungle beast, an Akai S1000 producer. Well worth watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oo9IPb61YQ&t=9s

Return to “Instruments”