Folders incorrectly tagged as a duplicate plugins

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had Attracktive, Sub Ninja and Genome flagged as a duplicates after scanning in KSM. Right-clicking on the message and opening the 2 "plugins" in Explorer revealed that one of them is actually a folder - that just happens to be called "Attracktive (64 bit).vst3", "Sub Ninja.vst3" or "Genome.vst3", i.e. with ".vst3" at the end of the folder name. I have done a quick search just to ensure that the .vst3 file isn't duplicated on my system.

Interestingly, this doesn't seem to be the case with some other plugins that are in folders that end with ".vst3" - Acustica plugins are for example located in such folders, but don't show up as duplicates.

Not a biggie, but if there's a way to exclude folders from being incorrectly flagged as duplicates, that would be nice.

Does it show this duplicate only after an update? i.e. if you do another scan does it still report the folder as a duplicate?

This was after I rescanned (i.e. scan for all new or updated plugins option) on a database that had already been populated. I'd updated some plugins a few weeks ago and wanted to get KSM back up-to-date.

I've done another scan (no changes to any VSTs since the last scan half an hour ago) and the results are identical.

Same here - I have six plugins that constantly show an error, but they don't have duplicates. When checking to see what the reported duplicates are, they look like the container folders which are appended with .vst3. Multiple scans across many days, using 0.1.7.2.

Plugins are: Serum, Atlas, Minimeters, Panstation2, Smooth Operator, and Eos2.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”