AudioThing Dub Filter - King Tubby’s High Pass Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dub Filter

absolutely dont need another filter.
bought instantly.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

What is Dub and how does it apply to this filter?

careyletendre wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 pm What is Dub
google or wikipedia might know.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:28 pm
careyletendre wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 pm What is Dub
google or wikipedia might know.
Congratulations. :clap:

audiothing wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:08 am
DMG68 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:51 pm Looks great, will get my hands on it this weekend, thanks for this! Really appreciate that you are replacing the previous plugin with this for those of us that have that license. Thanks, AudioThing!
It was the right thing to do. Actually, it's not really replacing, as we will not remove the previous license. Dub Station, as with any other products we have so far, can be used forever as long as you keep the same system requirements (and keep a copy of the offline license).
Yes, that’s much appreciated as well! You’re making brownie points here, great service and business philosophy! I have to get my offline key and save it…

careyletendre wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 pm What is Dub and how does it apply to this filter?
For hundreds of years it was often combined with wattle to produce a composite building material, but it has sadly fallen out of favour in more recent times. Unfiltered dub, would often result in unstable dwellings.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:46 pm
careyletendre wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 pm What is Dub and how does it apply to this filter?
For hundreds of years it was often combined with wattle to produce a composite building material, but it has sadly fallen out of favour in more recent times. Unfiltered dub, would often result in unstable dwellings.
You are very funny and really clever. :hail:

careyletendre wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:00 pm
Did you watch the intro videos in the OP? The 2nd video is by a guy who goes by the name of Dub Master Khan...

YT search "king tubby dub filter", first hit...

A dub using the actual hardware that King Tubby used and that this filter is based on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6BaSe9ygX0

It's something to do with polishing leather shoes? No idea how this filter polishes shoes though...

audiothing wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:08 am
DMG68 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:51 pm Looks great, will get my hands on it this weekend, thanks for this! Really appreciate that you are replacing the previous plugin with this for those of us that have that license. Thanks, AudioThing!
It was the right thing to do. Actually, it's not really replacing, as we will not remove the previous license. Dub Station, as with any other products we have so far, can be used forever as long as you keep the same system requirements (and keep a copy of the offline license).
...which is a highly applaudable policy, that safeguards customers' investment.

More and more, these days, consumers are victimized by [huge] corps that can take away your purchase at any time (if it requires connecting to their servers), bully people into 'consenting', deny the right to repair...

neverbeeninariot wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:26 pm
careyletendre wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:00 pm
Did you watch the intro videos in the OP? The 2nd video is by a guy who goes by the name of Dub Master Khan...

YT search "king tubby dub filter", first hit...

A dub using the actual hardware that King Tubby used and that this filter is based on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6BaSe9ygX0
Thank you very much for taking the time to explain. I'm a little too old to keep up with modern musical trends.

careyletendre wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 am I'm a little too old to keep up with modern musical trends.
Do explain. King Tubby ... modern musical trends!? :dog:

Osbourne Ruddock
aka King Tubby
Born 28 January 1941
Origin Kingston, Jamaica
Died 6 February 1989 (aged 48)

kidslow wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 am
careyletendre wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 am I'm a little too old to keep up with modern musical trends.

Osbourne Ruddock
aka King Tubby
Born 28 January 1941
Origin Kingston, Jamaica
Thank you for bringing light to my inexcusable ignorance.

careyletendre wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 am
kidslow wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:38 am

Osbourne Ruddock
aka King Tubby
Born 28 January 1941
Origin Kingston, Jamaica
Thank you for bringing light to my inexcusable ignorance.
At KVR, we're not here to waste time on laymen and beginners. The only thing that matters is that we come across as a blasé, who has seen it all and known it all since the beginning of time... And the tone of superiority with which we make this known. Naivety is our greatest terror.

pffft
newbee

Return to “Effects”