How to create this drum effect?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's not really drums, but I can't find the English equivalent of this word. The typical drums at the beginning of this song are playing in the background but there is something different in the foreground and I really like it, it can diversify the typical drum elements.

This is best heard at the very beginning of the song, before the kick appears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wljlaQ8 ... XtZ4AaABAg

Laser pluck sounds? Or a snare with a pitch-down envelope. Just brainstorming.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Perk - White Noise Zap.zip
Here's a Vital preset.
It's basically white noise with a band-pass filter sweeping down really fast to create that lazer-like sound.

I used the chorus in Vital but I would replace it with a stereo noise
or use a different synth with stereo noise and replicate what was done in this example.
Add slight volume and pitch differences with key-tracking to create a bit of randomness so it sounds less robotic. And some swing to the notes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Thanks.

I solved the problem that the preset cannot be opened in the older version of Vital. Just open the file with a text editor like notepad++ and change the program version in this line:

true,"version":"1.5.5"}]},"synth_version":"1.5.5"}
on
true,"version":"1.0.7"}]},"synth_version":"1.0.7"}

And then the preset works.

I think the perc sound in the foreground, which is playing repeated 16ths and some 8ths, is based on plucky sine oscillator where pitch and volume are modulated by pluck-shaped LFO/OSC at about 177Hz.

EDIT: Was overthinking a bit. It's easier to get that character using a fast delay on simple sine zap. Using delay time 5.6ms and feedback 32% will get close.

Return to “Sound Design”