Updating Plugins Then Rescanning Manager Didn't Correctly Pick Up New Versions

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After I updated a bunch of plugins, I went back into the KVR Studio Manager, selected the option to "rescan for updated plugins" (or however it's phrased) and let that run. Then checking against KVR Newer again, it seems like to nothing changed and plugins I updated weren't picked up.

I had to Clear Plugin List and scan again.

We've seen this with some plugins. It's being investigated.

Do you recall which plugins were affected? Or was it all plugins?

Was it CLAP and VST3, or just CLAP?

Ben [KVR] wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:23 pm We've seen this with some plugins. It's being investigated.

Do you recall which plugins were affected? Or was it all plugins?

I think it was all plugins. Or most. Definitely wasn't just CLAP though because I have hundreds of VST3s installed but only a handful of CLAPs and most were VST3.

Ben, is the "Debug" I see in the title menu slowing things down? One issue that's going to make reporting issues and digging deeper a challenge right now is how painfully slow this runs on my machine. Scans take a long time and crash frequently. Then after I get a scan completed, the UI frequently locks up. Example: I'll click "KVR Newer" and the application will look like it froze then either become responsive again later on where I click KVR Newer again and it works after a few seconds, or freezes again.

If it's the debug mode, maybe allow users to toggle it on/off via options. It might actually help with bug reports if the application is more responsive overall.

Ben [KVR] wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:23 pm Do you recall which plugins were affected? Or was it all plugins?

Only some for me, not all. It was VST3.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”