Anybody received their Osmose yet?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally got mine today. I have plugged it to Bitwig as a plain Keyboard controller. Is this everything needed to get the MPE data to Bitwig? Then yeah, as reported above, the first impression isn't great, I guess because the reason given about pressure vs velocity.

With so many presets, I wonder whether there are some that are more suitable for the Osmose as a controller.

Turns out you can set up the Osmose as a Roli Seaboard Rise and as far as I can see it works. Then there are at least two presets for Linnstrument which are very simple but behave as expected, registering micropitch and pressure.

Ok, that's a start.

icaria36 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:04 am Turns out you can set up the Osmose as a Roli Seaboard Rise and as far as I can see it works. Then there are at least two presets for Linnstrument which are very simple but behave as expected, registering micropitch and pressure.

Ok, that's a start.
Did you manage to get the Osmose functioning correctly in Bitwig?

In my case, it works decently well with Logic and Ableton, but has been messy with Bitwig and Nuendo.

After a lot of tinkering around, what seems to work for me now is running the DrivenByMoss script and setting the Osmose up as a General Flexi controller.

Have you found a better way to get it working smoothly?

If you use a Seaboard or LinnStrument script, your expressions like pitch bend, aftertouch and cc74 are translated from Midi to Bitwig expressions. They do not exist anymore as Midi commands. When setting an instrument to MPE, Bitwig will translate it back into Midi and sends that to the plugin. If you use Flexi or a generic script pitch bend will remain as Midi, unless you tell in the inspector to convert it to expressions.
One trap is, that the default for instruments is to convert all Midi channels to channel one. You need to set this to same!
For a long time I thought I need a dedicated script for my Sensel, as the original Sensel script was uselessly faulty. Now I just select the LinnStrument script and all is perfectly fine. As my Sensel layout spits out the same Midi as my LinnStrument its working of course. I guess the same is true for the Osmose…

Splaaat wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:52 pm Have you found a better way to get it working smoothly?
Sorry for not responding before. I'm very happy with the Osmose as a keyboard controller for Bitwig. So happy that, in fact, so far I'm using it 50/50 as a controller for Bitwig synths and with its own synth.

It took me a while to figure out the "roundtrip" workflow: record notes on Bitwig while playing the Osmose with an internal preset, and then play those notes in Bitwig and get the same sound from the Osmose. Everything was sorted out by selecting "Osmose #2" instead of "Osmose".

how actually did you set it up in the end? 👀

https://www.expressivee.com/109-phase-p ... e8ab436ad4

Great to see pre-sets being made specifically for Osmose!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:55 pm https://www.expressivee.com/109-phase-p ... e8ab436ad4

Oh, I was expecting presets for Osmose, not for a soft-synth... :hihi:

pdxindy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:00 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:55 pm https://www.expressivee.com/109-phase-p ... e8ab436ad4

Same..

pdxindy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:00 pm

Seems like a collaboration - all presets are perfectly mapped to Osmose :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Bitwig”