Trigger a Note plays 2 samples

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sooo, I have a button to trigger a midi note which plays a handful of round robin snare hits, but sometimes it sounds like it's playing 2 samples stacked on top of each other or slightly delayed from each other, and it doesn't affect all groups.

Playing the same midi note with my DAW's piano roll or an external controller doesn't recreate the issue, only from the button in the GUI.

Anyone else seen this issue? Or have any ideas?
TIA

Haven't experienced this. Maybe the GUI button is 'bouncing'.

Could you put the samples in the snare group in a choke group? That would make sure they only play one sample at a time.

Choke group would definitely do it, but I've burned through the 20 allotted to us (I wish we had way more to work with).

But I did some trial and error; the button triggers samples in the 100-ish Velocity area. Adjusting the range on samples in that area seems to fix it, but I haven't figured out the pattern for it to make sense.

If I have a handful of samples set to velocity range of 65,100 for instance and I change it to 65,103 that works sometimes. Sometimes I have to move it higher, sometimes slightly lower. I dunno 🤷

Im having a similar issue with the Round Robin in Maize.

I mapped my samples and round robins in Logic and then imported that EXS into Maize, but when i play it in Maize the Round Robin sample groups play together, and not round robin.

I’ve tried to switch the Round Robin selections in Maize, but it’s still not working. What am i doing wrong?

lifescore2 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:25 pm Im having a similar issue with the Round Robin in Maize.

I mapped my samples and round robins in Logic and then imported that EXS into Maize, but when i play it in Maize the Round Robin sample groups play together, and not round robin.

I’ve tried to switch the Round Robin selections in Maize, but it’s still not working. What am i doing wrong?
Round robins are defined at the group level in maize, make sure your group isn't set to 'stack' in the group properties. If you have a control on the GUI for round robins, make sure you assign your group to that control.

Also worth noting, your samples have to be in the same velocity range for round robin to work. Multi select them, then set the velocity range under Sample Properties.

Return to “Maizesoft”