Satin doesn't save group settings on recall (Logic 10.8.1, Sonoma AS)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone check if it's happening for them as well?

Do you want to post your exact steps for this? If so I’ll give it a try.

basically i have couple of summing stacks as stems, and Satin on each of them. I assign them all to a common group and name it, and when i close/reopen the project all instances are set to "no group"

Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:23 pm basically i have couple of summing stacks as stems, and Satin on each of them. I assign them all to a common group and name it, and when i close/reopen the project all instances are set to "no group"
I’m not sophisticated enough to understand that in terms of trying to reproduce I am afraid. How many summing stacks do I need? What plugins, or are they audios, should I put on them? I don’t even know what common groups are or how to assign them.

rACatkvr wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:36 am
Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:23 pm basically i have couple of summing stacks as stems, and Satin on each of them. I assign them all to a common group and name it, and when i close/reopen the project all instances are set to "no group"
I’m not sophisticated enough to understand that in terms of trying to reproduce I am afraid. How many summing stacks do I need? What plugins, or are they audios, should I put on them? I don’t even know what common groups are or how to assign them.
frankly i can't recreate it now either.
group settings are respected in some projects, but in other projects they're not, i don't really understand it.

these are group settings:
Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 19.59.18.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

@Ploki Corrupt template?

rACatkvr wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:39 am @Ploki Corrupt template?
not using templates

happened on a new project as well :/ ffs

and i can't replicate it intentionally! crazy

I have the same problem!

Tried closing and reopening a Logic 10.8.1 project containing multiple grouped Satin instances in macOS Sonoma on a Silicon Mac, and it always loaded the group settings and labels correctly.
If you got a project that repeatedly exhibits that issue, please send it to support, so we can check it.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:22 am Tried closing and reopening a Logic 10.8.1 project containing multiple grouped Satin instances in macOS Sonoma on a Silicon Mac, and it always loaded the group settings and labels correctly.
If you got a project that repeatedly exhibits that issue, please send it to support, so we can check it.
I have 2 or 3 but they're huge - if i try to do the same on an empty project from scratch it just doesn't happen. so weird.
I'll try fiddling with it a bit more to get a consistent way to trigger it

Ah, very large projects. That might explain it.
The group parameters are not part of the preset structure.
Their settings are stored together with the project file only.
We call such parameters "instance parameters" because they are saved on a per plugin instance basis within the project file.
Hosts don't seem to have a real concept how to deal with such instance parameters. Thus we had to come up with a way to still reliably load those parameters when a project is being loaded.
We do this with a timer to differentiate between settings that are loaded by the host when a project is being loaded and settings that are loaded when a user selects a preset.
If, during project load, the delay between the loading of the plugin itself and the time at which the host sends the parameter settings to the plugin becomes too large, the timer runs out, and thus the plugin assumes that it must be the user who is loading a preset, and thus ignores the instance parameters.
This used to work fine for many years. But nowadays, projects are getting larger and larger with more and more plugins to load. Hosts might also have changed some details of their plugin loading procedures during project load. Those are factors that might contribute to those instance settings sometimes not being recalled when you load a project.
So far we don't have a cure for this issue.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

That actually makes sense.

Return to “u-he”