Composer Loops

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So there's a website called Composer Loops, and they are purporting that their sound banks have an astronomical amount of presets. For instance, there is a Zebra 2 soundbank with "around 55,000 unique presets" on sale for $10. There are several more like this for other synthesizers. Anyone with any experience with this company? Sounds like some kind of embellishment on their services; and I am guessing that they are exploiting some loophole with the name "preset", are counting MIDI files, or they copy and pasted a bunch and just tweaked them to get this amount. There was a complaint on the site stating that there is false advertising happening.

Hi twal. I just bought several of their packs out of curiosity and the low price. There are thousands of sounds, but they are all pirated. I notified Matt Bowdler who trades as The Unfinished that there were a stack of his Zebra, Diva and other soundsets being illegally sold by Composer Loops. I demanded a refund from the owner of Composer Loops, Mariana-Anca Burca, who seemed to think that it was no big deal to sell these libraries as she purchased them herself off eBay, and "everyone does it". She seems to genuinely believe she is entitled to on-sell these libraries and stated "no one is trying to steal from your friends". She even has the gall to have a "terms and conditions" page. Ugh
I informed her that as a professional film & tv composer I cannot use samples, soundsets or presets that I have not purchased a license to. She is either willfully ignoring copyright law, completely clueless, or simply doesn't care. I eventually got a refund after escalating it to PayPal. Avoid Composer Loops as they are criminally selling libraries from other people and you will not have a valid license to use any of these sounds they are selling in a commercial track. I find it infuriating there are people out there attempting to profit off the hard work of talented sound designers. I have deleted all the files I purchased from her and will never use that site again.

Jblankster wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:43 am She is either willfully ignoring copyright law, completely clueless, or simply doesn't care.
I'm going for all three.

Be careful, this site is a scam, you are sold illegal copies of sound banks that are often incomplete and of which Mariana-Anca Burca deliberately ignores copyright law and has no authorization to sell the products she steals from other developers and PayPal refunds you immediately, because the composer loops site is marked as a suspicious site.

Anca Burca does not answer your emails except when PayPal gives you reason by reimbursing you.

MARIANA-ANCA BURCA's words: Buyers like you are scammers and I will report you to PayPal as a bad buyer with a black flag on your account

The world is really turning upside down :ud:

Avoid the COMPOSER LOOPS site.

Return to “Soundware”