Bitwig 5.1.3 problem loading plugins?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
I have been using the same template for a couple weeks now and everything's been fine until today when 75% of my plugins stopped loading... I'm not sure where to start because it's pretty much across the board with every company's plugins. I thought it was just sonible at first but I quickly found out that although they appear to load, when I attempt to open the plugin window most of them hang on either a black or white box.

If the box is black I can close it. If the box is white and I attempt to close it it gets stuck and sends me the error message "Plug-In host is not responding"

I have had lots of problems loading plugins in the past month from Band-In-A-Box (which still is unusable within Bitwig) to SWAM instruments which i guess I solved by selecting "Open Individually" for just those plugins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

What version of Bitwig? Did you just update to 5.1.3?

I dont think what Im experiencing is the same as your issue, but this happened suddenly:

Had to rebuild my workstation 4 days ago, and was using BWS for 10 months before that. Instead of copying all my old Bitwig and Cubase profiles to my fresh build, I created new profiles and templates from scratch because I have all of this memorized on both of those DAWs, all instruments, all plugins. *I had just updated BWS from 5.1.1 to 5.1.3*.

I have BWS set for "host all plugins individually".

After my refresh, my NI maschine2 + mk3 integration in Bitwig is no longer working, and my workaround is to just have one single maschine instance in my project. Cubase is identical to before with no problems running as many groups as I want.

But inside BWS 5.1.3, I can no longer have 1 maschine plugin on 1 track, then 2, 3, 4++ other machine groups on their own tracks and midi channels all routed to that single instrument with input settings. It just stopped working, and 20+ projects with this configuration in them no longer work. All my main live percussion and rhythm stuff is disabled.

Im working with Bitwig support, and have sent them a few project files and etc, but so far nothing. They had me install a early 5.1.4 build to try it, and it still didnt work. I have Q/A'ed a number of my other plugins, and none of them have any issues so far, but I will reply here if any do.

Return to “Bitwig”