supersaws, i think?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I understand that this question may be somewhat difficult to explain, but I still decided to ask it, in case someone could tell me the right direction to move. Well, I'm very interested in the sound in the drop of the next track foxela & HAEMOND - Kawaii (the drop starts at 0:48).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RXCRlJ ... nel=foxela
How did this sound come about? I've heard a lot of supersaws that are created by layering multiple sawtooth waves on top of each other and detune, but this sounds pretty unique and different from them. I've been spinning saws for quite some time, trying different sawtooth waveforms, and haven't even come close to a similar sound, so I was beginning to doubt that this was a supersaw made in the usual way, or whether it was a supersaw at all. So maybe someone can suggest the right direction for thinking.
And just want to make sure, at the end of some phrases there is a residual sound, I think it's a tapestop effect, is that correct?

untitled.zip
Ive 2 Vital Presets + the midi attached.
Ive put a soundgoodizer/OTT after with some EQ and it's pretty close.
I would add more layers to it to fill it out even more and dont forget to use a tape stop effect
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Return to “Sound Design”