Interface too small on 4k monitor

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

See the attached pic.
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You can zoom the GUI by clicking on the third icon from the right (first row) in the toolbar (magnifying glass). You can then save it as your user default preset so that it reopens every time with the same zoom level.

User error really. Or, that's how I treat it myself I should say. I switch to a lower resolution during a DAW session. Fixed res VSTi etc.

Even at 200% it's still quite small. Switching to a lower res for 1 program is ridiculous.

What's your zoom level in Windows? Do you know the DPI of your screen?

In Reaper go to Options -> Preferences and it should show the 'General' tab by default
On this General settings tab click the 'Advanced UI/System Tweaks' button right at the bottom
In the new window right at the bottom is 'HiDPI mode (Windows 7+)' with a drop down list of different ways Reaper handles 4k resolution - try some of them and see which works best. I've personally got mine set to the top one (Unaware v5.32-5.98x behaviour) which seems to generally have everything at the right size when VSTs are set to their default 100% zoom

Try 150% scaling in windows for you monitor.

I installed the vst3 64bits demo today.
This is just unusable on 4k screen.
99% of recent years plugins have 4k modes. Usually when a plugin display very small on 4K with no possibility of upscaling it, it's an old abandonned plugin.
You can't sell a plugin today that lacks this feature. This is a no no for me.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”