PaulXStretch - has an update....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PaulXStretch

Inquisitor5775 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:42 pm I have this problem. Is the plug-in still actively developed?
The current owners of the code (Sonosaurus) haven't given us any reason to believe they _aren't_ continuing to develop it, but it's free and old and that probably, unfortunately, doesn't give a money-making body much of an incentive to rush out improvements or fixes. And since they are mostly silent on it, do not expect much.
stefanocps wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:15 am Hello is there a way to automate the parameters wheter in standalone or plugin version?
This is the list of automatable parameters I see in Logic, I think most of the available parameters are there.
Bear in mind that most of the parameters won't respond immediately to the parameter changes, PaulStretch/PaulXStretch uses big buffers to make it's noises, and those big buffers by their very nature, can't respond to parameters changes instantly.
Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 10.10.17.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

i don't see any parameters available in ableton though!

anyway another problem now..i am trying to see if it is any difference in cubase..but cubase just don t show paulxstretch. the .vst3 file is in the correct folder, any other vst in that folder is present in cubase...but the paulxstretch.vst3 is not visible in cubase12..any help?
thanks

ok...paulxstretch is seen as an audio fx that's why i did not find it in vst
ANyway in cubase i have several parameters to automate
so why not in ableton?

ok solved. I don'0t see the parameter in the list, until i move them in the plugin.Once i have touched the parameter in the vst, then the automation name appears in the available list of the ableton track!

stefanocps wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:27 am ok solved. I don'0t see the parameter in the list, until i move them in the plugin.Once i have touched the parameter in the vst, then the automation name appears in the available list of the ableton track!
Yeah that's kind of how Ableton works iirc.
Glad you got some parameters to play with :)

Hello again i am facinf now another issues. How do i use paulxstretch inside a daw?
I would like to have the sample in it playing from a mini note..but is seems not possible
I also would like to have the sample in paulstretch start playing when the play in the daw is hit..so there still some syncronization...but seems it will not. So for now i can only play the sample in paulxstrecth from within the plugin itself. But at this point how do i program automation?
Any help apreciated
Thanks

The plugin version does behave exactly like the standalone, except that you can route audio directly into it.

You won't be able to trigger it from a MIDI note without some extra steps in between. This might be possible inside your DAW, or you might need a modular environment to program that.

By it's very nature, PaulXStretch won't play 'in time'. There are buffers which need to be filled before any sound will happen. Automation will still work but there will be a delay before you hear the automation change, because all the sound is processed in buffers which need time to respond to the automation. It might be worth playing around a bit and seeing how you can make it work for you, when you consider this.

The way most folks use it, from what I understand (I don't use it myself like that, but perhaps it's time to document the process for others), they tend to bounce what they need and use the result as normal audio regions.

CinningBao wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:23 pm The plugin version does behave exactly like the standalone, except that you can route audio directly into it.

You won't be able to trigger it from a MIDI note without some extra steps in between.
Could you elaborate a bit more, please? With GRM Evolution, incoming audio is stretched in real-time. Isn't this possible with Paulstretch? Do I need to record audio in the buffer and play it back each time I want to stretch my sound?

i am working with a sample loaded in paulxstretch, and i find something that can fit. My need was to set some automation, so i need that in some way i can control paulxstretch parameters with the automation in timeline. In paulxstretch preferences i have flaggrd the option "play when host trasport is running". In this way when i hiit play in the daw the sample in paulxstretch start to play also. Then, yes, ther emight be some latency but this is not a problem (not for what i am doing now at least), as i can apply automation

CinningBao wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:23 pm The plugin version does behave exactly like the standalone, except that you can route audio directly into it.

You won't be able to trigger it from a MIDI note without some extra steps in between. This might be possible inside your DAW, or you might need a modular environment to program that.

By it's very nature, PaulXStretch won't play 'in time'. There are buffers which need to be filled before any sound will happen. Automation will still work but there will be a delay before you hear the automation change, because all the sound is processed in buffers which need time to respond to the automation. It might be worth playing around a bit and seeing how you can make it work for you, when you consider this.

The way most folks use it, from what I understand (I don't use it myself like that, but perhaps it's time to document the process for others), they tend to bounce what they need and use the result as normal audio regions.
what are the steps for midi in daw?

I can't get it to export properly. It always tails off into a fuzzy mess and then silence as if it's on a long fade out, but there's nothing in the settings to alter this as far as I can tell.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”