Zebralette 3 Bug Reports

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

muki wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:13 am yes, i already reported it here
also the copy command in MSEG
Thanks for the reports, guys.
Yesterday we finally found a way to reproduce the copy function crash (we were scratching our heads for a while since it always worked ok over here).
Added it to the list of known issues.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Steve Folta wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:29 am - Where it says "For a complete list... check the bug report thread", it links to the announcement thread, not this thread.
Ha, forgot to actually set the link, that's why it just linked to itself. Fixed.

Will relay the install script suggestions to the developers, it's the same script we are using for all our plugins.

About popup menus not working in NixOS, we'll look into it.
We are mainly developing and testing for Ubuntu based Linux versions. There the menus are working ok.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:15 am Will relay the install script suggestions to the developers, it's the same script we are using for all our plugins.
Yes, I tried Triple Cheese, and it has the same problems with both the install script and the lack of popup menus. (Triple Cheese on Linux, hooray! I'm hoping it'll get a CLAP version in due time.)
tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:15 am About popup menus not working in NixOS, we'll look into it.
We are mainly developing and testing for Ubuntu based Linux versions. There the menus are working ok.
The problem could just as easily be with DWM, it's hard to know. Unfortunately, neither NixOS nor DWM is easy for the developers to "just try out" if they're not already familiar with them. Perhaps I'll be able to figure out a way (and find the time) to isolate it better.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

BoogyWhat wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:46 pm I tried to set pressure/aftertouch as mod source. But when I press my keys (sending channel aftertouch) it does not work.
Does zebralette differentiate between channel aftertouch and (poly) key aftertouch?
Zebralette can use both, it automatically recognizes which one it's receiving.
Just tested it again over here with the VST3 and the CLAP version.

Did you maybe just forget to set a modulation depth? (sorry if that's a stupid question)

BoogyWhat wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:46 pm I tried to set pressure/aftertouch as mod source. But when I press my keys (sending channel aftertouch) it does not work. Does zebralette differentiate between channel aftertouch and (poly) key aftertouch?
This is working here. Attached a test patch.
Mono Lead (AT).zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I know strong DC bug(?) was reported already. Sometimes it is crazy indeed, in one case I got DC offset which was much higher than amplitude of signal itself. Can't reproduce that crazy offset now, but here is a simpler case when asymmetric waveform generates DC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Three small bugs:
- Mod Matrix One Active only shows the state in the data display when clicked, not like all the others just by hovering above it.
- All other Mod matrix slots show their state when hovering above, but as 0/1 and not on/off
- The plot doesn't show up until the first midi signal was received. Afterwards it updates like expected.

Tested on:
- Windows 11
- Ableton Suite 11.3.21
- vst3
- Rev 15573

I found something I think may be a DSP bug. Attaching a gif (edit:nvm, screenshots it it) that shows the issue.

In words:
Start from Init
Set curve spectrum mode
Make an oscillator curve with only fundamental and some high treble
play a bass note, say C2.

The additive renderer sounds as expected, whereas the wavetable renderer makes crackly noise, and also seems to evaluate the high frequencies differently.

I'll send this via e-mail as well, as requested.
WT.png
Add.png

Host: GigPerformer 4.8.x (latest)

lots of crashes with ZL-3 !
this looks like much much (if not 100%) related to: "have the ZL-3 GUI" open"

GP works otherwise *extremly* stable. Way more stable than any DAW, imho.
mac Mini M2, OS Ventura/13.6.1

Andreya_Autumn wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:44 pm I found something I think may be a DSP bug. Attaching a gif (edit:nvm, screenshots it it) that shows the issue.

In words:
Start from Init
Set curve spectrum mode
Make an oscillator curve with only fundamental and some high treble
play a bass note, say C2.

The additive renderer sounds as expected, whereas the wavetable renderer makes crackly noise, and also seems to evaluate the high frequencies differently.

I'll send this via e-mail as well, as requested.

WT.png
Add.png
I noticed this kind of behavior as well. I interpreted it as simply being aliasing, which I mentioned in the general discussion but on a closer inspection, there is definitely something more strange happening at the higher end of the spectrum.

There's a couple of things that I need to investigate. Some artefacts are to be expected here and there, the Curve Spectrum mode can easily move the frequency content in edge case territory. Oversampling might be an option, but so would be some optional limiting of extreme frequencies.

Bug: using a Wacom tablet rather than a mouse - double click to add point to curve, clicking to move curve point deletes the point. You must move away from the point and back to it to be able to edit the point location. Even with a mouse, single clicking to add a point doesn't seem to work right, needing a "slow double click", even when the mouse pointer is not "alter curve shape" mode.

Urs wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:16 pm There's a couple of things that I need to investigate. Some artefacts are to be expected here and there, the Curve Spectrum mode can easily move the frequency content in edge case territory. Oversampling might be an option, but so would be some optional limiting of extreme frequencies.
Please, also check the detuned saw weird behaviour with wobbling/siren sound. Thank you!

HcDoom wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:49 pm
Urs wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:16 pm There's a couple of things that I need to investigate. Some artefacts are to be expected here and there, the Curve Spectrum mode can easily move the frequency content in edge case territory. Oversampling might be an option, but so would be some optional limiting of extreme frequencies.
Please, also check the detuned saw weird behaviour with wobbling/siren sound. Thank you!
I have no means to do that right now, but I'm sure tasmaniandevil will make a ticket.

Yup, figures! If it's any help, the issue I reported is definitely sample rate dependent. The audibility of the crackling differs per note, and audibly moves up an octave at a time with 2x, 4x etc.

And thanks for the hard work btw! This is really lovely already. :)

Return to “u-he”