How can I set the modifier amounts to +-0 via MIDI?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got MIDI CCs assigned (via Sylenth's 'learn') to modifier amounts, e.g. Mod Env1's small knob to the left where it can be assigned to Pitch, Cutoff etc.

It's a positive/negative amount and double clicking on the knob resets it to '0' (no modifier applied) but I'm unable to set this value with a MIDI CC. If I send cc value 63 then it's applying a small negative amount, if I send 64 it's applying a positive change.

Is it possible to set this value to zero via MIDI? It's essential for resetting e.g. pitch modifications via arps etc. Unless I'm missing something it seems like the centre value of these control are an impossible-to-send cc value 63.5 :/

Hi,

This is due to the limited and even number of values a midi CC has. There are 128 values, which means there is no value exactly halfway.

The only way to 'fix' that would be to set both midi values 126 and 127 both to be 1 in Sylenth1. Then value 63 would be the center value. This would however change existing midi automation.

I could add this as an option in a future version though.

I'd guessed it wouldn't be an easy one to change without messing up existing patches, but if it was possible to add that option in future that would be fantastic.

The modifiers are great and have a lot of creative use for e.g. mono and polyphonic pitch bends (which suit a lot of the sounds the synth makes) but to use them for that it needs the ability to return to zero mod amount.

Return to “LennarDigital”