Slate Raven MTI 2 / MAX

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do you think of the Slate Raven MTI 2 / MAX for use with Live 11 / 12 and Studio One Pro 5 / 6?

The MTI 2 version already seemed pretty good, but in a few months, the MAX version will be on sale and with a new version of the software.

Version 4 will be paid for, but apparently it is a significant software upgrade.

If a single payment and not a subscription it is acceptable.

Do you have any feedback and opinions on the use of the MTI 2 and whether this model was reliable and functional?

Thank you in advance for your answers and opinions.

I've had a Slate Raven MTi2 for about 7 years now. I do like it, if it dies I'm buying another one.
I do not get the new 27" 4K models? Why stick to 27 inches with 4K? I have a 4K 32" sitting above my MTi2 and I have it set to 2560x1440, we're doing audio, high resolutions mean some plugins and things look tiny etc. I'm sure the screens are nicer but again, why not at least a 32"? Right now the MTi2's are $699, the upgrade to v4 of the software will be $99, So $800 VS 1200 for a higher resolution screen size you probably will not really use, since you'll be blowing your DAW and plugins up in size to get visibility, not to mention that things need to be big enough to use with touch...

IN terms of the software and touch thing, I really do like them. They did a good job with the touch integration, it's all pretty solid. The software can be tricky to wrap your head around, but once you do it all becomes easy. I think unless you have cash just lying around getting the MTi2 and upgrading to the raven 4 software is the way to go, VS $400 more for 4K.

Many thanks for your response and opinion.

Indeed, the MTI 2 version will be more than sufficient.

Waiting for version 4 of the software and to see the modifications and new features made.

I even plan to take 2, this way, one screen for the mixer and the second for the vsts and plugins.

The Raven functional impeccably with Windows 11 Home or more functional and stable with a Mac?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”