What Processing Has Been Applied To This Sample?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BertKoor wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:49 pm As I told you earlier, I'll tell you again but right in the face.
The bottom wav has a jaggedness which looks periodical. Its amplitude goes up & down, the top wav is rather smooth.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 14.52.41.png
Could be a stereo ping-pong delay, but it's not zoomed in enough to tell.

And.... WE CANNOT HEAR IT !!!!one!!
gaggle of hermits wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:23 am [...] dick move.
+1 :tu:
Thanks for noticing the jaggedness. I can post you any section you’d like zoomed in. I don’t really understand the hostility in this thread. I’m just someone who doesn’t work visually, and I wondered if someone who does work visually would spot what this processing is quite easily. Being ignorant of visuals, I thought it might just be an easy question to answer.

I explained the lack of audio files in an earlier comment. There is definitely no obvious ping pong delay audible in the processed sample. Or any kind of delay at all. Just a boost around 80hz and some hiss. Apart from that they sound very similar. I’m just wondering why it looks all blown out in the processed version.

one is longer than the other.

Geometrid wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:19 pm I’m just someone who doesn’t work visually, and I wondered if someone who does work visually would spot what this processing is quite easily.
Human brains have not evolved the capability to extract audio information from images of complex audio signals any more than they have evolved to extract taste information from pictures of food.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:44 pm
Geometrid wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:19 pm I’m just someone who doesn’t work visually, and I wondered if someone who does work visually would spot what this processing is quite easily.
Human brains have not evolved the capability to extract audio information from images of complex audio signals any more than they have evolved to extract taste information from pictures of food.
Even a child could compare two versions of a waveform and spot which one compression had been applied to. Same with gain reduction, distortion, Eq.

I’m just looking forward to the day human brains have evolved enough to resist posting pointless answers on forums when they’ve got nothing constructive to add to the conversation. The day human brains evolve to realise they can just stay quiet, will be a beautiful day.

KVR forum is the last place that evolution will come. It’s a trash forum. Utterly useless. Full of old men behaving as if it’s 2014 on twitter.
Last edited by Geometrid on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Out

that escalated quickly.

hint to op: don't start a thread that can easily be interpreted as nothing more than trolling.

yours,

old man

It's a homemade compressor. Won't find it easily
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Geometrid wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:03 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:44 pm
Even a child could compare two versions of a waveform and spot which one compression had been applied to. Same with gain reduction, distortion, Eq.

I’m just looking forward to the day human brains have evolved enough to resist posting pointless answers on forums when they’ve got nothing constructive to add to the conversation. The day human brains evolve to realise they can just stay quiet, will be a beautiful day.

KVR forum is the last place that evolution will come. It’s a trash forum. Utterly useless. Full of old men behaving as if it’s 2014 on twitter.
Dunning-Kruger incarnate.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

^^^ IKR? ^^^ :hihi:

... meanwhile:
Hey guys, what do you think SpongeBob is pointing at (pole)
Spongebob Squarepants .png
I voted 'SpongeVurt'

Spongebob.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Geometrid wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:55 am
gaggle of hermits wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:23 am phase rotation using allpass filters will dramatically change the waveform. as the transients look completely different in some places and don't even line up...but it sounds almost the same, I'd think about that.

but seriously, not posting the audio or at least describing the perceived difference so that people can make an educated guess is a bit of a dick move.
That’s an interesting idea. It’s not a process I’m familiar with, so I’ll look into it. The two samples do sound very similar with just a slight boost around 80hz in the low end, as well as some hiss. So it might be a possibility. I’m not comfortable with the copyright implications of posting the audio, as it also reveals the sample source of a successful record.
Not sure what you're saying here. Did you processs this sample and don't remember which effects you used?
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

2014, that reminds me. The first screenprint of the OP... Can anyone see / acknowledge that is Cubase SX1 on Windows XP? :lol:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Production Techniques”