Demo MIDI files for Evolution Dry Relic - I need to know how they are mapped

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all:

When I use the demo MIDI files for Evolution Dry Relic I see that nothing is mapped except the SUSTAIN which is set to activate from velocity 0-127. I want to study how the song "Dead Ringer" is programmed to play in my DAW but I only have the MIDI file and not the "song" file from Studio One (the DAW I use), so there is no way to tell how to use it. Can any one help to figure this out?

Did you load the appropriate "Guitar 1" and "Guitar 2" snapshot presets that are included with the MIDI file? As long as you load the presets, you should get the same exact sounds as in the demo. Hopefully when you load the MIDI file in Studio One it's giving you separate MIDI tracks for each of the two guitar parts, and loading at the correct 88 BPM.

The first guitar track is indeed set to just use the sustain articulation for everything (velocity 0-127), but the second guitar track has the palm mute articulation mapped to a keyswitch on C#1. As long as you load those two snapshot presets all that should show up and play correctly, though.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

OK, so perhaps my procedure is not correct. Here is what I do...
1) Run Studio One
2) Add Dry Relic to tracks 1 and 2
3) Drag in the MIDI demo and I see that both tracks are loaded, one on each guitar

After doing that, I see that the only thing that is mapped is the Sustain at 0-127 for both guitars. I don't see anything else mapped and there is no indication of which snapshot should be used for each guitar, etc.

Oh! Reading your message again showed me that I have ignored loading the provided "external" snapshots. I have never done that in Studio One so I will have to figure that out.

I did it! I now know that in Studio One I can drag the external snapshot into the snapshot slot in the instrument window. The only thing that I see that changed was that after dragging the snapshot C#1 is now activated for guitar 2. So, that is the only thing that changes? Am I missing something?

So, can someone tell me what the lowest notes on the bottom (C1, C#1, D#1 in Studio One) of the Dead Ringer MIDI file Guitar 2 are supposed to do? I can't find any reference to that in the Evolution User Manual. I think C#1 and D#1 are for strumming, but what is C1 for?

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”