Audio Interface problem with Waveform free on Dell laptop.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a cheap Behringer audio interface that I want to use with Waveform on my Dell laptop. Here is the problem. The interface uses the ASIO4ALL drivers which installed OK and seem to be working with the laptop voice recorder etc. I can choose the ASIO in Audio setup in Waveform. Everything seems to OK but I do not get any audio from the microphone when I select the input on a track. This works just fine on my desktop computer. I suspect it is something with the Dell software. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

You have to make sure you enable all the inputs (and outputs) you need in the ASIO4ALL advanced interface; plus I believe you have difficulties if they aren't all at the same rate (44.1 or 44). Oh, and have to make sure no OTHER application using the same device at the time you load Waveform.

(for instance, you may not be able to use ASIO output and be watching a Youtube video at the same time, as the "driver" can't run in exclusive mode).
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Is it a USB mic? You'll want your mic (and all audio inputs, frankly) running through the Behringer interface to ensure your laptop can see it.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

I use Asio4all with a dell laptop. It was really hard to figure out with windows 11 but here it is.

In windows control panel(device manager) disable all bluetooth stuff and the sound enhancement stuff as that takes priority over the usb interface getting recoginzed. I had to disable 3 things. They may turn back on over time so you'll have to go back into control panel in a few weeks.

In asio4all check 'always resample 44khz at 48khz". This is what makes the sound work on my computer.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Watchful wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:44 pm Is it a USB mic? You'll want your mic (and all audio inputs, frankly) running through the Behringer interface to ensure your laptop can see it.
No, it is a Shure SM57 connected to the audio interface. It works in the Windows voice recorder. Just nothing in Waveform.

RunBeerRun wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:47 pm I use Asio4all with a dell laptop. It was really hard to figure out with windows 11 but here it is.

In windows control panel(device manager) disable all bluetooth stuff and the sound enhancement stuff as that takes priority over the usb interface getting recoginzed. I had to disable 3 things. They may turn back on over time so you'll have to go back into control panel in a few weeks.

In asio4all check 'always resample 44khz at 48khz". This is what makes the sound work on my computer.
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Never mind...I saw you answered my next question already.

Well, I got this resolved. I took RunBeerRun's advice and disabled the onboard sound in Device Manager. The audio interface came to life in Waveform!

Thanks

Thanks for following up with good news: often, folks don't follow up, which makes it hard for others (in the future who suffer the same problem) to get their own issues fixed.

Either way, glad you're working again and back to having fun!

Return to “Tracktion”