Post crusher-X feature requests here

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Please feel free to post any suggestions or feature requests for crusher-X here. We are very interested in your opinion and will do our best to include your feature request in the backlog for future updates or upgrades.

Thanks!
accSone

On the risk of sounding pretentious/arrogant as a beginning user, or threading into unknown territory, here's a few requests springing to mind, in no particular order :

1. File (Program) management :
- Adding a way to categorize & annotate Presets, and enabling filtering on these.
E.g. with Author/Bank (instead of using the underscore in its name)/Attributes (soundscape, atmospheric, FX, ...)/Features (ext.input, sidechained,...), and a Notes/Annotation field (handy for e.g. performance hints).
All this preferably in a combination of preset parameters and user-definable ones.

- Using a more common file management system: New, Save, Save As..., Save a Copy As..., Duplicate..., Import..., Export..., Revert.
(Save does not use a file dialog, which obviously is a lot quicker than Export...)
Ideally accompanied by a History List, the Undo/Redo buttons' big brother.

- Adding a INIT button (with confirmation) to make it easy to start from really-scratch.
(I'm aware of the factory start-presets)

- Making the factory presets & samples easier to access (Mac OS only, I suppose); see my other post.

2. DCO & Player editor panel :
- Unless I've missed a major chapter, I'm a bit surprised that the In/Out loop Markers {for the sample} aren't under voltage control ? Likewise for the Frequency... Aren't these major basic requirements for a granular system ? Hmm, I must be overlooking something.

- Displaying the sample's file size and length could be useful.

3. Trigger & Glitcher panel:
- In the same vein as above: making the Low/High freq markers voltage-controllable, with control over both their levels and frequencies.
- Adding a Link button (*), similar to the DCO's markers, and also enabling voltage control over the center frequency. Nice with Formant- and BP filters.
(*)I'm aware of the "click-in-the-middle-to drag-both" feature, but that's a bit of a hit-and-miss thing in some cases.

4. Making the PM field somewhat more useful by adding pre-set trajectories ? E.g. Bouncing ball, spiralling, etc... In best case, user-definable (drawing).

5. More and elaborate control over individual channels' panning [behaviour].

6. Non-MIDI-driven, internal triggerable Envelopes as a new modulation source [for about everything]. For example, when applied to the Output(s) or VOL, one could simply fade-in/fade-out a complete patch, at will.

7. A "Disable all GUI Animation" thingy. To save some CPU cycles (quite a few, I reckon).
The animations are obviously a very important part of the ability to see what you're creating, but I'm thinking that once you're done creating your patch, and you got familiar with its workings and e.g. defined your controllers, the animations are kinda redundant and are just gobbling up cycles and memory. I think. Especially in a live performance where there's likely a lot more things going on than only Crusher-X, this might be a life saver.

Apologies if there's too much nonsense and/or wishful thinking in my post !

Cheers,
_Guy

Thanks for the suggestions Guy! Very thoughtful suggestions!
We will study them carefully and let you know (here) when they made it to a release!
Best
accSone

Newby myself (demoing and haven't had time to dig too deeply) but i think these are great ideas. As is Crusher X.
BTW, it;s treading into unknown territory.
guyd2 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:31 am On the risk of sounding pretentious/arrogant as a beginning user, or threading into unknown territory, here's a few requests springing to mind, in no particular order :

1. File (Program) management : ...

2. DCO & Player editor panel :...

3. Trigger & Glitcher panel: ...

4. Making the PM field somewhat more useful by adding pre-set trajectories ? E.g. Bouncing ball, spiralling, etc... In best case, user-definable (drawing).

5. More and elaborate control over individual channels' panning [behaviour].

6. Non-MIDI-driven, internal triggerable Envelopes as a new modulation source [for about everything]. For example, when applied to the Output(s) or VOL, one could simply fade-in/fade-out a complete patch, at will.

7. A "Disable all GUI Animation" thingy. To save some CPU cycles (quite a few, I reckon).
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:43 pm BTW, it;s treading into unknown territory.
It's "it's". 8)

guyd2 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:57 am
CrystalWizard wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:43 pm BTW, it;s treading into unknown territory.
It's "it's". 8)
Ah yes, i'm aware of that, i obviously hit the wrong key ; instead of '...
Between the cognitive impairment, over self medicating, and a crap keyboard with poor lighting, and poor eyesight, i end up editing just about every post, even after i preview them, hence my sig.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:57 pm
guyd2 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:57 am
It's "it's". 8)
Ah yes, i'm aware of that, i obviously hit the wrong key ; instead of '...
Between the cognitive impairment, over self medicating, and a crap keyboard with poor lighting, and poor eyesight, i end up editing just about every post, even after i preview them, hence my sig.
and yet, by recognising the meaning of 'it;s' guyd2 demonstrates that 'it;s' is a functionally valid contraction of 'it is'

I'd love to see more that 10 channels of output possible. 7.1.2 is great but I have been working in 7.1.4. Having the higher height channel count adds a lot of space, and there are Atmos based workflows that incorporate higher than 2 heights using composites (even with 9.1.6) and it would be amazing if crusher-x could work with these.

Hi,

some of above mentioned features wishes related to a more flexible program management were implemented in free crusher-X 10.43 feature update:

viewtopic.php?t=606569&sid=d8143e784741 ... da04e5bdd4

Thanks for your input! Very appreciated!

Enjoy!
accSone

Return to “accSone”