i7 doesn't just mean i7... Desperate Producer

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As of right now, there's no Ethernet port on the wall or in the room. My motherboard has the 'rj45'; so if there was one, I'd run it from there to the wall. I can run an Ethernet cable to the next room w/ like a 50ft cable, but for now the only option I have is plugging a usb cable from my motherboard to my 'Asus usb n66'... I was wrong earlier, its not plugged into the 'rj45' on my M.B.... If for any reason there's a better device than the 'Asus' that anyone would suggest, just let me know. Thanks again.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:00 pm
Touch The Universe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:08 am If you want to spend money, don't bother with cpu! That's my 2 cents.
Sorr,y buddy, but, the first thing I would upgrade if you run out of processing power for audio plugins is the CPU.

If you really can do 50 to 100 tracks with these plugins on your i3, then you merely designed your patches to use less CPU. I know, there are quite powerful i3's these days as well, but, audio plugins require CPU power, there's no way around that.
I for one probably won't be worried about CPU ever again. But honestly, I think it has more to do with my workflow these days of bouncing tracks that I can even revert back to if I need to tweak.

Of course, grab a bigger CPU if your workflow demands it, but first, try bouncing I'd say. One caveat, don't bother with the highest i9 spec. My system gets too hot, fan on constantly, drains the battery like crazy, and my charger gets so hot it seems it can catch fire at times.

The above is for a laptop. Disregard if a desktop.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

jtsterays wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:27 am more core counts doesnt mean better in music production,
except when it specifically does

Okay, good call. Thanks.

jancivil wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:58 pm
jtsterays wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:27 am more core counts doesnt mean better in music production,
except when it specifically does
Yea, but with OP needs, then no.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”