Waveform Free -- midi track contains static during playback, although rendered version does not

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

An inconvenience more than anything else probably, but it has me really curious.

I record some midi on a track. While recording, there is static happening at some points. I stop recording, and I play back the midi track. Same static. I then render that track to another track, so that the second track just has the rendered sound, not the midi data. And I play just the new track. And it sounds perfect, no static! Then I play the original midi track, and the static is still there.

Weird right? Or not? Have you experienced this?

Sounds like something hasn't been properly registered yet.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Last edited by Rahodees on Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

pough wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:21 am Sounds like something hasn't been properly registered yet.
I don't know what this means, can you elaborate?

Sounds like your processor might be overtaxed. That can cause the audio engine to sputter, which sounds like static. But rendering doesn't record that.

When you play back, is your processor monitor going about 30% or more?
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Rahodees wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:39 am I don't know what this means, can you elaborate?
Some products will make periodic noise until they have been properly registered. But it sounds like your issue might be something else.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I think unregistered product noise would get recorded, and Rahodees described the sound as static that doesn't get rendered. That just sounds like a processor that's tapping out every so often.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Return to “Tracktion”