Soul patch files

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi There,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I am looking to load Soul Patches into Tracktion Waveform 12, specifically the Latelybass example soul patch. Does Tracktion Waveform 12 still support soul patches?

Best wishes,
DrBroon

SOUL is dead. Long live Cmajor.

viewtopic.php?p=8564599#p8564599
https://cmajor.dev/

One thing they kept the same is a name that will give you primarily unrelated results when you search for help.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Hey, thanks for the reply, I wonder if Soul Patches can be converted to Cmajor.... the search continues, thanks again.

I've just tried my first Cmajor... patch? Is that what we call it? Regardless, it failed. As is often the case, the basics of what needs to be done are not spelled out. Which files are required? Where do we put them? Is there a plugin that needs to be installed?

I found some examples and downloaded the ElectricPiano one. It has two files, one is .cmajor and the other .cmajorpatch. I created a Cmajor folder in C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files - much like CLAP and VST3. In that folder I made an ElectricPiano folder and put the two files into it. Waveform scanned and found it. So far, so good.

But when I try to add it to a track, I get an error: "Could not load the Cmajor DLL"

:shrug:

SOUL is dead. Long live could not load the Cmajor DLL.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I took a quick peek into the Waveform 12 program files folder and while I couldn't find anything to do with Cmajor, I did find this: SOUL_PatchLoader.dll

I've gotten Cmajor patches working in Waveform by first adding the 'CmajPlugin' onto a track and then dropping the patch into the plugin window.

Some of the patches seem to work, now if only I could get the TX81Z Lately Bass 'soulpatch' as a 'Cmajor' patch!
I would imagine there is a way to learn the code and port it somehow ensuring all of the syntax is correct and then probably troubleshoot, time intensive for an none coder mind :P

drbroon wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:14 pm I've gotten Cmajor patches working in Waveform by first adding the 'CmajPlugin' onto a track and then dropping the patch into the plugin window.
Is that a plugin that you had to download and install yourself, or was it already a part of Waveform?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I believe this may already be a part of Waveform and can be found in the C:\Program Files\SoundStacks\Cmajor folder.

If not then it can be downloaded via the link below:
https://github.com/SoundStacks/cmajor/releases (https://github.com/SoundStacks/cmajor/releases)

Return to “Tracktion”