Waveform Pro-Cursor Scrolling

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I am new to using waveform pro and I was not having this issue a few weeks ago. Now every time I move my cursor over the track list it automatically scrolls through the tracks and it makes it hard to click and edit anything or even scroll how I want to. Does anyone know the way to fix this so it stops happening? thank you!

I'm sorry but I can't understand what you're describing. For example, "scrolls through the tracks" could mean a number of things. We're not able to see what you can see and have to rely on your words.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Just curious - using a real mouse, or a trackpad or other device? Laptop pads don't work well with Waveform.
Windows (version), Mac, or Linux? Version of Waveform ?
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

It is a windows desktop, using a real mouse.

When I move my mouse over the tracks, it automatically scrolls through. It moves even when I just hover, like it will scroll through the bars as if a track was playing. Also using waveform pro 12.5.

I appreciate you trying to explain better, although I'm still not sure what's happening. Words like "scroll" tend to have a definite meaning that I think is not what you're trying to say. You might be talking about the cursor moving with you mouse movements?

Maybe try changing this setting:
Settings -> General -> Editing -> Enable separate edit cursor

Or look at some of the settings here:

Settings -> General -> Mouse
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I'm reading this as "when I hove my mouse over the track area, the tracks start scrolling up or down at high speed."

No idea what would cause this; it's not a scroll setting I'm aware of. I suspect the problem may not be in Waveform, but this would be happening in Serenajo's other applications, too, if that were the case.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Sounded like a mouse wheel problem to me. Try a different mouse.

Return to “Tracktion”