Automatic reset of a synthesizer plugin to default preset (Helm)

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I don't know if anyone had this exact problem or a similar one but when I load Helm (by itself or through CarlaRack) on Linux, and press play in Waveform, the plugin goes back to the default preset and gets stuck at it whenever I press the play button again (in this case: space).

I checked to see if a parameter was somehow already preset in an automation track or something but apparently there's nothing, I have no idea where and how the bug is created.

Thanks.

You could add a preset change via the MIDI editor. It sounds like something might have got in there already. It might be a case of having to insert an extra bar right at the start of your song to accommodate the change, unless you have some unused time before the synth needs to play. I don't know how soon a program change would allow notes to be played on that synth.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:18 pm You could add a preset change via the MIDI editor. It sounds like something might have got in there already. It might be a case of having to insert an extra bar right at the start of your song to accommodate the change, unless you have some unused time before the synth needs to play. I don't know how soon a program change would allow notes to be played on that synth.

I tried to setup the preset change as you said but it doesn't matter what preset I choose, in the synth, it will always reset to this preset that isn't even in the list of presets, it's like it has created a new preset and sometimes when I try to force preset change within the MIDI editor, the entire thing freezes and I have to restart Waveform.

I'm on Windows, so probably not much use if I try it out. If I get time, I'll download it and try it, as long as it's a a freebie, which it appears to be.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

It is a freebie, yes, I don't remember having had such a problem on the other DAW I used it on, which was also on Linux. I think the issue might lie between the plugin itself and Waveform, I just find it weird that it creates a whole new preset (and depending on the project I work on, it can create a totally different preset).

I'm not seeing this happen (WF 12.5.11 on Windows10, using both the VST2 and VST3 versions) but someone else seems to have had the same or similar problem:
viewtopic.php?p=8758597

They don't provide many details.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Hello, I had a little problem with my account.. but I'm back!! And I fixed the problem, I'm still not really sure of what the cause is though. It is a linux problem for sure.

So, here's how I fixed it: I had to use CarlaRack.

I had to go in the settings and uncheck the "Send Bank/Program Changes" which doesn't make sense.. but whatever. and I also had to make sure not to have the first one: "Map Program Changes" because then it gets stuck once again on another preset.

So, it was, in fact, related to program change settings. Thanks very much guys!

Return to “Tracktion”