Two comping questions, please advise.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello folks...it's been a while since I have done any comping and I have a couple of issues I can't figure out.
First, I set up five vocal takes and a blank track, all mono, in a comp group. I went ahead and did the comp operation, no prpoblem. I rendered it to another track and I end up with a stereo track. None of the tracks in the comp group were stereo and I could not find any option to deal with that. What is up? I wanted to end up with a mono vocal track just like the five takes in the group.

Second, when I did this a while back I was able to record multiple takes on the same track. Just like it works in Loop mode, but starting at the start of the track and NOT looping. When I did it before I could record the stacked clips and I would have the + sign right there. Now I have to use a comp group using different tracks for each take, or do it in loop mode which doesn't work for me. I am forgetting how to set that up evidently. Who can help me out? Thank you!
Mark Swanson, guitarist and luthier
Click to visit Swanson Guitars
http://www.MarkSwansonMusic.com

Stereo is an option in the Render dialog. You'll need to un-check it if you want mono.

I believe comping (audio) only works in loop mode but you can select multiple audio clips and create a comp from them afterwards.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Tracktion”