Love not recognized as a valid VST3 Plugin

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having issues with the Love plugin. I've tried installing it by both the standalone and managed options. The plugin fails in both FL Studio and MuLab. One issue may be that I'm running it on a Win7 machine. However, I run Dawsome Abyss on the same machine in both DAWs just fine, so IDK.
Any thoughts from the devs?
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

No devs from Tracktion here.

I'm hopeful someone here is a user who can help you; I don't have this plugin.

The specs do call for Win 10 or better, though.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Love validates and works fine here but I'm using Waveform on Windows 10 and 11. Perhaps not compatible with Win7, have you contacted Dawesome https://www.dawesomemusic.com/ ?
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Watchful wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:48 pm No devs from Tracktion here.
The specs do call for Win 10 or better, though.
Thanks for the scoop. I thought perhaps this would be a place where the non-Waveform devs might frequent. True that the specs call for W10+. Those are the same specs for Abyss and since it runs fine on my system I figured Love might as well. Maybe the code is just different enough to cause problems.

operandx wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:59 pm Love validates and works fine here but I'm using Waveform on Windows 10 and 11. Perhaps not compatible with Win7, have you contacted Dawesome https://www.dawesomemusic.com/ ?
Thanks for checking your version of Love. I haven't gotten in touch with the dev directly yet, thought I'd see if he frequented this forum but I guess not. Looks like that's my next plan of attack.

One of the plug-ins I acquired via the Tracktion site last year did something strange, and it might have been the Love one. I did manage to sort it out, but I can't remember what I did. Have you scanned it in Waveform? If you have, check in the plug-ins list and see what is under the Type (or whatever it's called) column. One of the ones I got last year had something weird in that column. I think it said something other than VST or VST3. Let us know if it looks odd and if it does I'll try to remember what the heck I did to get round it.

EDIT: Just realised you're probably not using Waveform.
Last edited by jabe on Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Hi,
sdv wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:45 pm ... the standalone ...
?
love is a fx plugin, no instrument, so, no standalone. I think.
horst

Just an update... Peter from Dawsome confirmed it's a Win7 issue. The next update to Abyss will break its compatibility with Win7 as well.

midklang wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:56 am Hi,
sdv wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:45 pm ... the standalone ...
?
love is a fx plugin, no instrument, so, no standalone. I think.
horst
I meant that standalone version of the installer. You can install via that or their Download Manager.

Return to “Tracktion”