[TIPS] If your mixes doesn't translate well over different speakers this may help you

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I read more and more about people who make music that sounds good on their headphones/speakers, but when they bring their music in the car, smartphones or everywhere else, the song sound weird, elements disappear and the balance sounds like a different song.

The main reason is a wrong listening system such headphones or untreated room. Long story short you take your decisions listening something that doesn't exist (the music is not what you are listening).

Spend 2 grand for headphones or acustic treatment is not an option for many people, and that's why some tecniques may help to reduce the translation issue.

I made a video with some tips that should help you with this, i hope you find it useful!

Using SoundID's translation check is working well for me.

Check your mix in mono.

Well of course it's going to sound different being that it's coming out of different speakers.
As long as it sounds balanced then all is good. Make sure when listening on other systems that they're flat (EQ) if applicable. If it sounds balanced flat then you're good to go in boosting or cutting the EQ to your liking.

Return to “Production Techniques”