Mapping and automation

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am thinking about getting some tools to help me automate certain tasks and wodner if any of you already have them and could share opinion or compare them.
I use Ablteon11 AND Studio One.
I also have ARTURIA-MinilabMK2, Novation Launchkey-Mini-MK3, NI Komplete Kontrol61/MK1, Novation LaunchControlXL, M-AUDIO TrigerFinger.
THE GOAL:
I want to automate some tasks, especially manipulating the sound in plugins. For example
I want to be able to get into Omnisphere2 and be able to map most of the controls to the knobs and faders on LaunchControlXL, but.. there is more controls in Omnisphere than on the device. I also wanted the map other things like MULTIs etc. I can use 8 user banks but it is still insufficient.
Another problem is switching the banks. If I have a patch with A,B,C panels used I have to go and press two buttons on LaunchControlXL (as I assigned user bank2 to A, user bank2 to B and so on.
This kinda works but when I switch to another plugin I have to go and reload another template.

My idea here is then to possibly use some other tools like:
- AUTOHOTKEY (which would require some tedious programing)
- use something like STREAM DECK

perhaps there is another method...
so if anybody have an idea of being able to map plugins as well as DAWs which have controls placed on pages, tabs etc and where there is more than just 16 of them, please share it here.

I was also considering these latest keyboards, but not sure if that would be the best choice (Keylab61, Launchkey-SL61, Komplete-MK3). Having Lanuchkey-Mini-MK3 I do not have god epxerience with it. I do not play Gigs or take my hardware out so my concern is mainly for my home studio. I also prefer to use computer for any kind of programin or setup and use the device to perform the task (not to spend time to program it).

Thank for your reply.

Return to “Production Techniques”