Django Jazz demo questions

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

delete me
Last edited by fretman on Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

In Here and There I see the lead guitar uses CC2 (Breath Controller) quite a bit. What is this doing? I don't see any settings change.

In Valse de Jean I see the rhythm guitar use keyswitch D7. What is this doing? The built-in Kontakt keyboard doesn't go this high, so I can't play around with it to see what it's doing.

Thank you, Paul

fretman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:37 am In Here and There I see the lead guitar uses CC2 (Breath Controller) quite a bit. What is this doing? I don't see any settings change.
I'm pretty sure that's assigned to the fretting position setting. Unfortunately the MIDI automation assignments don't get saved in snapshot presets, so that part doesn't come across in the snapshot preset that's included with the demo MIDI file.
fretman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:37 amIn Valse de Jean I see the rhythm guitar use keyswitch D7. What is this doing? The built-in Kontakt keyboard doesn't go this high, so I can't play around with it to see what it's doing.
There are buttons on the left side of Kontakt's keyboard to shift the octave up/down so that you can bring those keys into view.

The D7 key must be triggering one of the performance effects that are mapped above the main playing range. I'm not sure which effect it is off the top of my head, but if you hover your mouse over the key (after shifting the octave upward so that you can see those keys), it should give you a description in Kontakt's info pane.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”