Kick from '90s eurodance songs?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. Check the song in the link. Normally I'd think this is a pretty awful sounding kick, but it's right for something I'm working on. I have thousands of kick samples, but I'm not finding anything similar. Anyone know what style of kick this, or maybe what drum machine it'd be from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHPMWAo ... nnel=RHINO

It has a nice woody boxy 'knock', that's all it is really and does the job asked of it.

That which sounds very easy rarely is, all in the tweaking of pitch and amp envelopes to fit the track key.

I have sent you a few to start you off check your PM. EQ the top and bottom so it fits.

Synthman2000 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:37 am It has a nice woody boxy 'knock', that's all it is really and does the job asked of it.

That which sounds very easy rarely is, all in the tweaking of pitch and amp envelopes to fit the track key.

I have sent you a few to start you off check your PM. EQ the top and bottom so it fits.
Cool, received. Thank you. Those are good... but in the end it was pretty easy to get something like that in the FL Studio bass drum synth.

I do remember this type of kick back then. The Robert Miles track kind of had the same sound if I remember right.

Even if you figured out how to make it, I still wonder where they got it from. It's not like the 909/808 kicks. If I were making it, I'd start with the enveloped resonance blips.... but I'd have to fiddle for ages to get it right.

Or is it maybe a 909 kick pitched up a bunch? Hmm.

Danno wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:00 pm Or is it maybe a 909 kick pitched up a bunch? Hmm.
I think all the other elements are 909 (hats, clap, crash)... Just not the kick. It's quite tonal, so it's probably made with a digital synth and loaded into a sampler.
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duh... Quoted when I meant to edit. :dog:
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Annnd again. :lol: :clown:

Return to “Sound Design”