RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry, me nuh blood clart sorry!

djsubject wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:17 am,eh nuh

djsubject wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:19 am
djsubject wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:17 am,eh nuh

sorry, but it looks very very bad and oldscool , especially the control dials .. they are not round?

andreasg wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:52 am sorry, but it looks very very bad and oldscool , especially the control dials .. they are not round?
Don't discourage him like that! :(
I want this thing to get finished. They can add new skins later. The dials are round though. :shrug:

:) okay okay! everything is nice and round!

What about Synthmaster 2 Expansions ?
Will they work with Synthmaster 3 ?
And could they be extended to use all the new features or will those be loaded in a sort of legacy mode without allowing the new features to be used ?

@kv331: is there a place (other than a @#$%^&* Facebook group) where users can send suggestions for improvements?
Mac, Logic, some synths, software, stuff and unstuff, with and without knobs

Sleepwalker wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:55 pm One gui suggestion: When the tabs fill up, could you compress them to visually make room for more […]
1) First thing I thought when opening the new interface :wink: . I just created a patch with 10 filters (because I could :), and really F1 F2 F3… would be plenty -- I don't need "Filter" to be spelled out 10 times. So: request seconded. Also: tabs contain a lot of whitespace (between the On/Off button and "Osc 1", or between "Osc 1" and the gear icon for example).
2) Likewise with the "2 LFO's at the same time", Pigments style request from Sleepwalker: seconded.

3) Third suggestion: when picking a waveform in an oscillator (or LFO), have it be clear where the current waveform resides in the search tree / popup-menus. I now have e.q. "Fr4 - Moog Rogue" selected in Osc 1, but where in the hierarchy did I pick it from? There's no clue that it's down this path:
Single Cycle Waveforms > Factory > Moog > Fr4 - Moog Rogue
It would be nice if every level in this hierarchy would e.g. have a bullet in front of it to indicate the current selection. So in the top level popup menu you'd now have "• Single Cycle Waveforms", and in that menu you'd have "• Factory" in which you'd have "• Moog" which finally contained "• Fr4 - Moog Rogue".

4) Fourth suggestion: the GUI could be a lot wider. The basic layout is now 2 x 2 panels plus a Mod matrix column, but using a 16:9 aspect ratio (as most monitors nowadays have) it could easily be 3 x 2 panels. Might solve suggestion 2 as well :).

5) The GUI could use a bit of colour -- in a functional manner. LFO's are green, ADSR's are blue… that kind of functional use of colour (see, again, Pigments). That helps the eye in determining where to look for certain functionalities. Now it's all the same grey-ish colour and everything looks like everything else. That's what effectively kept me from using SM2 -- the boring monochromatic look that didn't help me focus on the things I wanted to focus on.

6) No suggestion but a compliment: SM3 already looks way better than SM2, and the functionality seems to be out of this world. Zebra's modularity added to a SM2 on steroids.

For the curious, or those trying to wrap their heads around what the alpha version can do : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNnGDL25WhI

Feature request (or bug report, depending on which way you look at it): the keyboard zone of a layer currently also affects (limits) the notes played by the sequencer. I.e. if in a SEQ patch playing a C3 would play an alternating C3-C4, then setting the keyzone from C-1 to D3 and playing a C3 would result in the C4 getting "lost". That makes no intuitive sense. One would expect the keyzone to affect which notes *trigger* the SEQ layer, and if C3 is in the trigger range, then playing a C3 should play the entire programmed SEQ (the alternating C3-C4), regardless of the keyzone settings.
If you want to trigger a SEQ on the lower half of the keyboard and play pad or lead in the right hand, the current setup is seriously limiting.

This synth is *massive* though… Really, really impressed at what it can do potentially. :wheee:

Why did you change the selling policy for Synthmaster 3 ? It was clearly stated that Synthmaster 2 license was included but it's not being added to customers accounts.
I received an email a few days ago from your servers in which it was clearly written that Synthmaster 2 license was included with a purchase of Synthmaster 3.
I got the Synthmaster 3 upgrade from Synthmaster 2 Player but the Synthmaster 2 license was not added to my account at all.

This is what you wrote in the e-mails you sent to your customers:
synth3-email0.PNG
A friend of mine purchased Synthmaster 3 directly and the Synthmaster 2 license is not included either.
And on your website too you removed the "Synthmaster 2 license is included" text that was there when I purchased my upgrade like it was on the email I received.
This really is a very bad marketing move.
It was a good thing to give Synthmaster 2 to Synthmaster 3 Alpha/Beta early-adoption customers obviously. Even because Synthmaster 3 Alpha and Beta don't have any presets and you will add them in the following weeks.
As it was a wise decision to give a Synthmaster 2 license included with Synthmaster 3 to let customers use your current stable product it then became a really unwise and bad decision to change that all of a sudden and not giving the Sythmaster 2 license anymore.
What are you trying to achieve doing that I really don't get it... you are just alienating your new customers this way.
My friend is really disappointed, way more than me.
Even with the discount new customers this way are paying an higher price anyway for a still unstable unfinished product without receiving the current usable product. Do you think that this way people would just pay for a Synthmaster 2 license ?
You are thinking wrong.
When Synthmaster 3 is complete there is no need clearly. And Synthmaster 2 expansions can be purchased and used with Synthmaster 3 anyway.. so what are you so concerned about by not giving with Synthmaster 3 a license for Synthmaster 2 as you previously stated on your emails to customers like me and as it was clearly written on your website ?
The only thing Synthmaster 3 customers would be missing then would be the included presets in Synthmaster 2 this way. But why ? Why is it like that at all ? You can still sell them all the Synthmaster 2 Expansions.
When any business writes something to its customers and then changes things and doesn't give what it promised to be included in the purchases it surely is the worst advertising possible indeed.
You surely should re-think your strategy about this and give a Synthmaster 2 license to all your Synthmaster 3 customers as you previously stated instead of removing the text on your website and thinking that customers like me wouldn't notice what you wrote on the emails you sent back then and so it wouldn't matter.
Leaving Synthmaster 3 customers to just wait until the end of March for the final release of the product without giving a Synthmaster 2 license anymore as you previously promised is the worst way to collect money for the development of any product. You previously stated that a Synthmaster 2 license was included with any purchase of Synthmaster 3 and that is what you should have done and what you still should do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Now a Synthmaster 2 license has been added to my account.
I guess all Synthmaster 3 customers missing the license are now receiving it.
Thank You for fixing the issue then.

Return to “KV331 Audio”