Synthmaster 2.9.11 iOS crashes all the time!

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2 iOS

Hello :)

I bought Synthmaster 2 yesterday, using the latest iPad Pro with the m1 chip. Also bought a range of presets. It sounds fantastic and very crisp!

Everything was working fine the first hours as I was exploring it. But as I started creating my own presets from init, more and more bugs and crashes started to appear. That was yesterday.

Today it crashes all the time. Suddenly for no reason it tries to load an “editor”, and the screen greys out with small text saying: “loading editor...” This happens every 10 minutes or so, and it freezes, so I must reload the plugin, and loose my new sound design if I didn't save before.

I tried all kinds of configurations in settings to no help, as well as in the DAW; Nano Studio 2 (latest v)

In addition it seems to have multiple other small bugs. I can report them if the devs want me to.
Some of them are:

- Hanging notes for no reason and the “Panic!” Button does not help. Also Hold button did not reset held notes. Only way to reset is to reload a preset.

- Cant seem to turn off or change the range of the pitch bend. When using it as a controller it would be nice to turn of note pitch shifting: When I set it to None it just pops back on again.

- FX section would sometimes do some buggy behavior.

- Keytrack on the filter sometimes had a life on its own.

- Changing filter algorithm to Bite crashes the synth to grey screen every time: “loading editor…”

There was even more bugs but cant remember them right now. I will try to write it down next time it happens and report back. :)

Will there be any updates for some of these issues? The full crash to “Loading Editor..” is the main show stopper..

I would say the app is unusable as it is right now, unfortunately. I hope there will be some fixes to this because it is currently by far the best synth on iOS. None of the other major synths are there.

Ps. This is when using it as a plugin inside Nano Studio 2. It seems much more stable in stand alone mode. I just tried it. Some small bugs remain but the big crashing ones I can not seem to reproduce now! Is this an issue with the plugin or with the host DAW?

Hello, we will check these issues with Nano Studio 2 and release an update for bug fix

lb_kv331 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:47 am Hello, we will check these issues with Nano Studio 2 and release an update for bug fix
Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. :phones:

For people using Nano Studio 2 waiting for these bug fixes, here is a great workaround while waiting, if you design your own sounds: Just use the stand alone app to design and save them! Then use those as presets later in the DAW when composing. :)

Thanks for the tip.
Unfortunately I just filled a bug report about the app crashing every time when saving custom presets either from the Standalone and the AudioUnit version.

The blocking thing is that it doesn’t crash AFTER saving: the whole worked patch gets lost and cannot be restored after restarting the synth..

Pictor wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:49 am Thanks for the tip.
Unfortunately I just filled a bug report about the app crashing every time when saving custom presets either from the Standalone and the AudioUnit version.

The blocking thing is that it doesn’t crash AFTER saving: the whole worked patch gets lost and cannot be restored after restarting the synth..
Could you send me those project file without saving custom presets?

Sep 2023 and still no solutions for hanging notes that ruined live performance, for midi leran issues, and so on...
before working on Synthmaster3, you'd better fix the various and numerous bugs in SM2. No way to purchase a new version when this one is not fully working.

skarabee wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:57 am Sep 2023 and still no solutions for hanging notes that ruined live performance, for midi leran issues, and so on...
before working on Synthmaster3, you'd better fix the various and numerous bugs in SM2. No way to purchase a new version when this one is not fully working.
I have lost count how many times I have suggested they fix SM2 before they consider releasing SM3, I still have to import lost Midi Mappings to both SM1 & 2 on a regular basis :shrug:

Just received the email about synthmaster3 + the discount for the "everything bundle", but Ive been seeing these *same* issues in Synthmaster for years and will not be purchasing any updates unless this is fixed. The MIDI-learn problem alone is a deal breaker. Nope.

Return to “KV331 Audio”