Do you make music in the dark or with the lights on?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

More to the point of the OP's question, I prefer to work or play with lights on, maybe because my pupils are rarely dilated. But I generally keep my computer's display at the dimmest possible setting (except for watching movies), which is still kind of bright. And it's interesting to learn about other people's preferences. As for me, I don't think I would hear the music in my head any more clearly if the lights were low.

BONES wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:19 am It's not something I give a shit about.
And yet your little squeezebox was moved to express something. :wink:

Maybe it’s most accurate to say that I prefer to make music in the dark with the lights on?

:shrug:
F37F1306-F5FC-4873-86EC-7349AA2566CD.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Regular light until they dim automatically in the evening

havran wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:46 pm
BONES wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:19 am It's not something I give a shit about.
And yet your little squeezebox was moved to express something. :wink:
Yes, because not caring is an equally valid response to any other. How is that so difficult for you to parse?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I used to work from a dark studio with can lights on all the time. Didn’t suit me. Went to a natural lighted room and it was way nicer. I prefer knowing the difference between day and night.

You have to make music with low/no light so you can enjoy all the lights on your gear instead :lol:

these days, the leds on the modular are both plentiful and bright, so it never really gets dark.

I particularly like soft or indirect light to create music, although I only do it as a hobby in my spare time.

I have more inspiration at night for some reason...

I only produce with a full strobe light and laser show...
Calm Before now 20% OFF!!! Code "KVR20" https://www.bigdaw.audio/products/calmbefore
In seconds, create contrast in your builds and transitions by automating low end, high end, gain, width, and washout.

Return to “Production Techniques”