OT Rosewood Grand

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi everyone!

Firstly, I love OT sample libraries - I like that they have a bit of character built in, and I have gotten many many compliments on "what piano is that? its great" especially from piano players here in Nashville.

Here's my issue. I produce ambient music with a lot of ostinatis, long verb tails and compression. I am getting noise from my OT Evolution Rosewood Grand, particularly from G4 and Bb5 and B5.

Is this a known issue? I was in the Kontakt sample editor about to edit the map and saw.. at M1 Noise floor and M2 Noise floor were still being triggered (and sounding!) even though I turned NoiseFloor to negative infinity!

Please advise?

Oh interesting! I'll look into those noise floor groups not turning off properly. Hopefully that's the source of the issue and is just a quick scripting fix. If you delete the zones in those groups, does the problem go away?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Probably. this is my first time under the hood here. :)

my only previous experience editing samples was extending the range of a EW lead trumpet for a specific part.

but based on what I just did here in logic, Greg, I would say the noise floor sample is triggering on those zones regardless. (when it lights up yellow in the matrix its firing, right?)

while I've got you there's a similar issue with the hammer noise in certain spots. (I LOVE that these elements are in here, but they tend to get caught by my compressor and then its super noticeable if the material is repetitive)

I looked into it, and even though those noise floor groups show that they're being triggered, technically the group volume is at -inf, so the added noise floor is completely muted at that point. Like you said, I think there's a little inherent noise in certain samples themselves that we'll need to fix.

In regards to the hammer noises, do you mean that there's some noise floor in those samples as well?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”