Elecktroid now discontinued

Official support for: audiospillage.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Possibly not the shock of the year but today we will officially discontinue Elecktroid. It's a bit of a sad day as we had high hopes for the product and some of the sequencer features we developed never made it into a commercial release.

We'll continue to support current users with anything they require.

On the up side we can focus on updates to DrumSpillage!

drumspillage getting more attention is a silver lining. RIP Elektroid.

hoping drumspillage new features are going well.

audiospillage wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:59 pm Hi all,

Possibly not the shock of the year but today we will officially discontinue Elecktroid. It's a bit of a sad day as we had high hopes for the product and some of the sequencer features we developed never made it into a commercial release.

We'll continue to support current users with anything they require.

On the up side we can focus on updates to DrumSpillage!
Well, I for one am gutted. Really like Electroid. Oh well.

perpetual3 wrote: Well, I for one am gutted. Really like Electroid. Oh well.
Sorry about that perpetual3. Realistically we don't have the resources to give it the same treatment DrumSpillage is getting with M1 updates and a bigger refresh next year.

Maybe one day we can revisit the drum machine concept though.

A bit gutted myself about Elecktroid, but I'm very happy DS2 is moving forward. It's still a huge net win.

Would adding sample layering to DrumSpillage be within scope of its concept? Or is that getting away?

i'd be content with just a VST3 version :D

sqigls wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:44 am i'd be content with just a VST3 version :D
For how long :hihi:

Apple Silicon version of DS2 is at release candidate now. It's AU only still.

VST3 next year.

Yeah the AU goes fine, in Ableton Live 11.
But i write in Cubase. I've had a major upset in the past with project recall using third-party AU to VST adapters in projects, so I am shy to go there again. Alas i've stopped using DrumSpillage, which is very sad because no matter how many drum synths i own i just can't get the same control and tightness.

sqigls wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:34 pm Yeah the AU goes fine, in Ableton Live 11.
But i write in Cubase. I've had a major upset in the past with project recall using third-party AU to VST adapters in projects, so I am shy to go there again. Alas i've stopped using DrumSpillage, which is very sad because no matter how many drum synths i own i just can't get the same control and tightness.
I don't have much experience with plugin adapters/wrappers but I can imagine that being a potential source of failure. I've considered doing a custom wrapper for DrumSpillage in the past.

The next update is fully cross platform and VST3 compatible. We got quite far with it but I felt it was important to support existing V2 users with the Apple Silicon update.

Beta? Alpha? Please send to me as soon as you can, if possible please, the VST3...
I don't care how raw it is!

Return to “AudioSpillage”