What does "duplicate" do?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I created a shortcut (d) for "duplicate," selected a few notes and pressed 'd' and nothing happened.

So I selected a part in Composer, pressed 'd' and nothing happened.

So I changed the shortcut to Ctrl+d and tried it all again and nothing happened.

What is "duplicate" supposed to do?

Best to check in the context menus themselves which context menu options are supported for a certain object. Then when you want to make a shortcut for one of them then hold the mouse over that menu option and press Alt + S. That will popup the shortcut dialog for that context function.

I'm in the same boat as @lmv. I don't think his post is about the shortcut itself, but what "duplicate" is supposed to do. I still cannot figure it out.

lmv wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:58 pm What is "duplicate" supposed to do?
The only place I've found a 'duplicate' function is in the step sequencer for patterns, via the pattern options button.
Last edited by mgiambro on Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

There is a bit of redundancy / ambiguity in the long shortcut function list.
That's why i recommend to look at it from the concrete context menu for a certain object.
I mean: while making music and using context menus, and you encounter a function that you wish to access quickly via a shortcut then hold the mouse over that context function and press Alt + S to make a shortcut key for it.

Of course it's on the wishlist to clean up any redundancy / ambiguity in the long shortcut function list but the Alt + S trick makes it simple & easy to make a shortcut. Right?

There is no "duplicate" in the context menu for clips. Is it not possible to duplicate a clip?
I would like to duplicate the clip with Ctrl-d.

mgiambro wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:22 pm
lmv wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:58 pmWhat is "duplicate" supposed to do?
The only place I've found a 'duplicate' function is in the step sequencer for patterns, via the pattern options button.
yoshino wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:05 amThere is no "duplicate" in the context menu for clips.
oldcastle wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:49 am I still cannot figure it out.
Copy and Paste Clips
Duplicate Scenes

If you 'Search' the shortcut menu for 'duplicate' you will find it under the 'Live Scene' category in the 'Specific' list of shortcuts, and alphabetically in the 'Generic' list of all shortcuts
https://www.mutools.com/info/M9/docs/mu ... tcuts.html

Duplicate is in the context menu when you click a Scene in the Live Matrix view, and Copy when you click a Clip. Everything has a context menu, and lots of hidden features are there to become Alt + S shortcuts.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Return to “MUTOOLS”