Evolution Engine update- Version 1.2.0

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I picked up the email about this engine update today.

First of all, thank you for bundling the updates to make the process easier. Not everyone wold do that.

Before I proceed, what version of Kontakt is required?

And do I need to do anything to existing projects that are using the previous version of the libraries?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

We paid close attention to make sure the Kontakt version requirement stayed the same as before for each library. If it would be helpful to see a list of all the libraries and their minimum Kontakt requirement, just let me know.

Regarding existing projects, the tough part is that a copy of the NKI instrument gets stored in the project file itself. So existing projects will load with the old version of the NKI instrument, which in turn references the old NKR resources file. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, since it ensures that your existing projects stay the same as before, but it also means if you want to update the version used in an existing project, you'll need to save your current settings as a snapshot preset, close the instrument in Kontakt and reload it, and then reload the snapshot preset to restore how you had the mapping, tone, settings, etc. set up.

For that reason, it's probably best when installing the update and copying the "Evolution.nkr" and "Evolution.nkc" files into the "Samples" subfolder for each instrument to keep the existing ".nkr" and ".nkc" files there, too. The installation instructions don't say to delete those, of course, but just in case you're wondering whether or not to remove those old ones.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Got it; many thanks for the clear explanation. :)

Now, I'm off to check out the BF sale.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”