Download-Link for VICE Demo requested - no email; no reaction to support-request

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!
I‘m interested in VICE, mainly because of the handy export-functions.
Unfortunately, when I input my email-address to get a download-link for the demo, I do get the message „We‘ve sent you an email“, but I never get any email.
Also my mails to the support remain unanswered.
Of course I checked my spam folder.
I thought, ok, maybe the company is history, but I found some activity here… ;-)
So maybe this way something happens…
I‘m still interested.

Hi,

We are 100% active and apologies there have been some missed communication. Could you PM me with your email address please? In some instances we have had missed emails from users using independent email servers and in these cases we ask if you can sign up with a “gmail” “Hotmail” etc mail account as this ensures we don’t miss any mail whilst we look into the problem.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Hi Andy,

thanks for your fast reply. Yes, I‘ll send you a PM.
I just found out that users with less than two posts on the forum can‘t do so…well this here is my second post, so let‘s see…

Best regards
G

Hi Andy,
the PM I sent to you two days ago is still in my outbox, which means you didn’t read it yet.
Did I make any mistake with this PM-thing?
Please let me know.

Thanks and best regards

Hi G,

Thanks for the PM, as I suspected the problem is because our emails are being rejected from your mail server. if you could please sign up with a different email address and you will then receive all our mail. This is something we are looking into but at the moment its best that you use a major email provide such as gmail, outlook, yahoo etc.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Hi Andy,

thanks again for your help.
I set up an gmail-account and everything worked fine.

Now I have a little question concerning the functionality of VICE/respectively the demo of VICE:

Is it an restriction of the demo-version that, when I drag+drop the audio-slices to a LIVE-Drumrack or even into a Folder on my desktop, the first slice is messed up?
It‘s very obvious that the first slice is a kind of heavily leveled down after an initial attack. Since the first slice in Drumloops is mostly a kickdrum it‘s hard to overhear that phenomenon.
It also occurs when I export the first slice as a single audio-slice (not with all the slices together).

Would be good to now if that is just a demo-restriction.
Easy and reliable export-function is crucial for me.

Best regards

G

P.S. I work on Windows10

Hi G,

That's no problem, glad you are getting the mail.

The demo version shouldn't allow audio exports at all so the fact you're able to do any audio export means there is potentially a bug here that we will look into. I have tested on our own systems and can confirm that the full version exports without any glitches and it seems the demo version also exports however there is a small glitch at the start.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Return to “New Sonic Arts”