Some VST3 plugins do not load

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VST3 support is very very welcome and makes MuLab much more useful than ever.
But as VST3 support is quite new there are some hickups and some plugins are still not usable as they do not load and show a "DLL Init failure".

The following VST3 plugins current do not load in Mulab 9.3.18 (plugin) for me:

- SoundToys: Crystallizer, Decapitator, DevilLoc, DevilLocDeluxe, EchoBoy, EchoBoyJr, EffectRack, FilterFreak1, FilterFreak2, LittleAlterBoy, LittleMicroShift, LittlePlate, LittlePrimalTap, LittleRadiator, MicroShift, PanMan, PhaseMistress, PrimalTap, Radiator, SieQ, SuperPlate, Tremolator
- Exponential Audio: Stratus
- Arturia: Tape MELLO, Vocoder V, Solina V2, Symphony, Synclavier V, Synthi V, Wurli V2, Stage-73 V2, Vox Continental V2
- Zynaptiq: Unchirp, Unfilter, Wormhole, Unmix Drums, Unveil
- Native Instruments: Solid Dynamics, Solid EQ, Supercharger, Supercharger GT, Transient Master, Vari Comp, VC 160, VC 2A, VC 76
- Softube: Transient Shaper
- Wusik: Wusik SQ200
- Waves: Waveshell Plugins (all)
- D16 Group: Phoscyon 2
- XLN Audio: XO

Hope you can sort these out soon :)

Many thanks for your great work, Jo!!
Last edited by masterjoe on Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

I've been trying out dune, works fine for me

sl23 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:02 pm I've been trying out dune, works fine for me
Are you also using version 3.5+ of Dune?

Yep, latest demo. Here's screenshots of both the VST2 + VST3 versions loaded in M9.3.18 x64...
If you look at the rack, you can see it is loaded and the Dune VST shows the About window, displaying the version info...
VST2 version
Dune 3.5 demo vst2.PNG
... and ...
VST3 version
Dune 3.5 demo vst3.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sl23 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:43 pm Yep, latest demo. Here's screenshots of both the VST2 + VST3 versions loaded in M9.3.18 x64...
If you look at the rack, you can see it is loaded and the Dune VST shows the About window, displaying the version info...
VST2 version
Dune 3.5 demo vst2.PNG
... and ...
VST3 version
Dune 3.5 demo vst3.PNG
Yeah, just checked Dune again and it actually IS in the list of plugins and it also loads. So thank you for re-testing. :tu: Dune was a false-positive. It logged with a DLL error though during the scan just like the others from the list above. This was why I thought it did not work either.

For the other plugins from the above list in the first post however so far I had no success finding or loading them in MuLab.

( Removed Dune from the list above as it works :) )

OK that's good news :) I had similar issue recently, so I get it.

I don't use any of those others so am unable to test at the moment. Hope you can get them sorted.

masterjoe wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:46 pm VST3 support is very very welcome and makes MuLab much more useful than ever.
But as VST3 support is quite new there are some hickups and some plugins are still not usable as they do not load and show a "DLL Init failure".
The following VST3 plugins current do not load in Mulab 9.3.18 (plugin) for me:
I cannot tryout each and every plugin so i kind of randomly picked 2 of them:

Softube Transient Shaper
D16 Group: Phoscyon 2

Both working fine as expected here.

Anyone else having issues with the plugins masterjoe listed?

Both work fine here (after softube had checked the Ilock stuff).

Return to “MUTOOLS”