VST3 plugins stop working after some time

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
this is a problem which I described a long time ago. I use VST3 plugins and from time to time my plugins stop working properly. This is independent of the manufacturer of plugin (FabFilter, sonible, Klevgrand, OEK Sound etc.) It happens randomly and I have no idea where is the problem - probably in saving settings in LastSettings. But step by step:
- I load WAV file (stereo, mono, 16bit, 24bit, doesn't matters)
- I call some plugin, e.g. FabFilter Pro Q3, I change some settings and process my file - for now everything is ok, the file is processed
- I recall the same plugin, the settings are missing (or not, this is not a rule), but I try to set the same settings and process my file again - nothing happened this time, the file is untouched, sometimes preview in plugin's window doesn't work, no audio data is available for the plugin
- I try another plugin and it works if this is the first usage of this plugin - if not, sometimes it works, sometimes not
- I close Acoustica and remove c:\Users\(my_user)\AppData\Roaming\Acon Digital\LastSettings\
- everything works like at the beginning, so I have to clear LastSettings folder from time to time and this is very annoying...

I use newest Acoustica 7.4.14 and newest versions of plugins. Maybe a good solution would be option to disable saving last settings for plugins? I would like to store my settings as plugin preset instead of clearing LastSettings folder...

Of course, I tried to re-install Acoustica, to clear plugins list, to re-install plugins. Only removing "LastSettings" does SOMETHING in this situation.

It seems to have been fixed in version 7.5.2

7.5.2 crashes everytime i load a vst3

jorgensen wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:03 am It seems to have been fixed in version 7.5.2
Yes, you're right. I installed 7.5.2, removed LastSettings and now everything seems to be ok. We'll see :D

Gades wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:23 pm Yes, you're right. I installed 7.5.2, removed LastSettings and now everything seems to be ok. We'll see :D
If removing the LastSettings fixes the issue, there's most probably an error in the plug-in that causes it to crash when Acoustica recalls the settings from the last time it was used.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:56 am If removing the LastSettings fixes the issue, there's most probably an error in the plug-in that causes it to crash when Acoustica recalls the settings from the last time it was used.
This is not correct!
The problem have been raised several times like here viewtopic.php?p=8495657#p8495657
Restoring last setting for a VST3 plugin confuses some of them and the only way to get out of this lock is to delete last settings.
With the new version I have not seen this problem yet!
Kim

jorgensen wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:59 pm This is not correct!
The problem have been raised several times like here viewtopic.php?p=8495657#p8495657
Restoring last setting for a VST3 plugin confuses some of them and the only way to get out of this lock is to delete last settings.
With the new version I have not seen this problem yet!
Kim
The point is that the only thing that changes when deleting the last settings is that the Acoustica doesn't set the state of the plug-in to the state used when processing. Setting the plug-in state shouldn't cause plug-ins to crash. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you haven't had the problem so far.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”