Boss DM-101 - Analog Delay Pedal w/ a Plugin-Like Feature Set

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, this is expensive, but still very tempting. Yesterday Boss put out the DM-101 (or at least unveiled) the DM-101. It's a true BBD delay but holy hell, the feature set more resembled something like ColorCopy or Valhalla than any analog delay pedal I've ever seen.

You've got:
  • 8 BBD chips
  • True stereo (!)
  • 12 Modes including classic, vintage, multi-head (BBD multi-head!), Reverse delay, an Ambience mode, Wide, Dual Mono, Dual Mod (out of phase), Pan, a Pattern mode, etc.
  • Mod Rate, Mod Depth, and Variation knobs on top of the usual delay time, feedback, and level
  • Tap tempo with selectable tap divisions
  • 5 presets, I think 127 with MIDI
It's kind of bonkers that this is no DSP-based BBD emulation. These are real BBDs and an all analog signal path. It's insane! I spent almost as much money on my Memory Man 1100-TT, which doesn't have half the feature set of this thing. And based on the demos I've heard, it sounds completely killer.

Kudos to Boss on this one. This is really next-level stuff. Particularly if you love BBD delays. I won't be rushing to buy this, but probably will at some point. I could see this being a great insert FX for DAW use (hope it can take line levels, otherwise, I have a reamp box), or work great on a pedalboard.

Delay Machine indeed! That's quite a beaut :love:

That's out of my price range, but it does sound nice.

I’m buying this. At least it’s cheaper than my Asheville Music Tools ADG-1 SE. maybe I’ll sell the zen delay to fund it.

Anyone jump on yet? I'm gassing for this. It will be mine. Oh, yes, it will be mine!

I’m actually now leaning to the EAS sending v2.

The DM-101 is 100 pounds off at Anderton's right now.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/all-guitar- ... hine-pedal

They don't ship to the US and I doubt I'd make out much based on the exchange rate. Hoping a US retailer throws it on sale soon.

Return to “Guitars”