Rant about the dev. Advice needed.

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

syntonica wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:20 pm If suing isn't an option, then public shaming?
Some people advised me not to bring this story to the public level, so as not to create the impression of myself as a scandalous employee among potential clients, even if I am the injured party here.

I would at least talk to KVR and make them suspend the account for the company so that they don't get a free marketing channel here and continue to scam ppl, developer or users.

It's a bit late now of course but I would probably in cases like this release have some kind of banner in the plugin UI like "DEVELOPER PREVIEW" or something else that makes it practically unreleasable until final payment is done and they can get an "unlocked" version.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

20230922_204738.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:48 pm 20230922_204738.jpg

ah ah reviews are awesome

Thank you for sharing your experience. I started doing freelance work a couple of months ago, and so far I've been lucky because everything went well.

I always use a system between me and my clients. Most of the time it will be either Fiveers or UpWork.

I know they take a % of my income, but it makes my life easier by adding a layer of protection and they take care of the sale taxes.

I'm really curious to know who's the dev who didn't pay!!

SampleScience wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:15 pm Thank you for sharing your experience. I started doing freelance work a couple of months ago, and so far I've been lucky because everything went well.

I always use a system between me and my clients. Most of the time it will be either Fiveers or UpWork.

I know they take a % of my income, but it makes my life easier by adding a layer of protection and they take care of the sale taxes.

What type of work do you do on Fiverr/UpWork? I find those sites are always a race to the bottom price wise. I've used them before as a buyer, but how do make a living when you are competing against people willing to do a bunch of work for $150

FigBug wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:16 pm
SampleScience wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:15 pm Thank you for sharing your experience. I started doing freelance work a couple of months ago, and so far I've been lucky because everything went well.

What type of work do you do on Fiverr/UpWork? I find those sites are always a race to the bottom price wise. I've used them before as a buyer, but how do make a living when you are competing against people willing to do a bunch of work for $150
So far, I have written tech articles, developed simple plugins, and done a bit of UI design work. I do it part-time but if I would do it full time I could make a decent living out of it.

I get my customers outside of those websites though. These sites are only used for payment, to make it easier for both parties.

About the competition: I bought services on Fiveer in the past and found that the cheaper options result in cheaper services. I've only found one exception with an artist in South America who drew me a really nice drawing in the style of the "lo-fi beats to study to" girl. But it's rare.

You can afford to ask for more if you provide a truly high-quality service. In fact, if you ask for too little it will look suspicious to the customers who are looking for high-quality assets for their business.

It's all about the portfolio. Good luck!

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”