Tips for saving/restoring presets?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a bit confused by how Sylenth handles saving/restoring presets and how best to use it.

Ideally I want to be able to make changes to a preset, quickly save those changes and then restore to the saved version using Shift+Z.

Currently the only way I can see to do this is by using Shift+B to save a copy of the bank but this saves the state of all patches, not just the current one, and I end up with a ton of duplicate banks all just containing a single changed preset.

Is there any better way to do this?

Well, instead of saving you could also create a copy (Shift + C), then paste it on the next preset (or insert). That way you'll get a bunch of slightly edited presets and you can quickly walk through them.

Finally save the project or save the bank to store the presets at once.

Thanks for the tip. I've got quite a complex MIDI routing/controller setup so unintentional preset changes happen quite often and using banks to track multiple versions sounds like the best bet.

Is the quickest way to save an existing bank to 'Save as' and overwrite the original version?

Sylenth1 will automatically save the complete current bank (512 presets) in the project file for each instance. So you don't have to manually save the banks, unless you create a specific bank that you would like to use in multiple projects.

easy tip - save different variations,then compare them inside the mix,so to select best - single preset may sounds amazing,but inside mix not to fit at all.

Return to “LennarDigital”