PnS - Exposed parameters and MIDI controllers in generic view?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plug'n Script

Hello,

After exporting native plugins in VST3 format and switching to the generic editor in either Cubase or Reaper, there are a bunch of MIDI controllers that also appear. Here's an example:
img3.png
As you can see, the only used parameters on the plugin are dsp.input1, dsp.input2 and dsp.input3. There are no output parameters defined. In terms of the export options, both "Include GUI" and "Use generic params" were unchecked.

That first example was a plugin exported using the default skin, without a GUI. My second example was exported using LetiMix and, despite using the same export settings, in addition to the MIDI controllers being visible, there are also the remaining unused parameters showing up:
img1.png
I've checked the manual and I can't see a reason why these would show up, provided "Use generic params" is unchecked.

My system: Windows 11 Home 22H2 64-bit AMD Ryzen 7

Ideally, in the generic editor, all I would like to see is the parameters (input or output) actually being used.

Thanks for your time! :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The MIDI controllers are unfortunately part of the VST3 standard to receive MIDI events, and even though these "fake parameters" are defined as not automatable, for some reason Cubase seems to display them in their Generic GUI. Maybe one day Steinberg will finally agree that this is nonsense, but so far their developers have been pretty reluctant to make any effort on this topic, as you can see on the developer forum:

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/vst3-and ... /41?page=3

Regarding the LetiMix skin, I don't know how it is implemented, so that's a question for Ilya! I am pretty sure he has an option to export only the required parameters.

What a pain! OK, thanks for the information :)

ajl1606 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:43 pm What a pain! OK, thanks for the information :)
Indeed... :-(

Hello there!
The option "Use generic params" should definitely work as expected, but I should re-check if there's any difference when you export with or without the GUI. You can send me an email to support@letimix.com and we'll figure this out.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”