drum machine apps

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there,

looking to do a live duo with a keyboard-playing buddy. We may stick mostly with dueling keyboards but we are kicking around doing some synthwave covers (and others that might could use drums).

Nothing extravagant, no tracks, no realistic song-length patterns with fills is our thinking. Just very basic beats that we could play and sing over. I either need a quick-change tempo control or have patterns that can save the tempo, but I'm not planning to save a pattern per-song if I can help it, so the tempo control would be great.

Eventually if we can make this sound good i might go with hardware, something like a Drum Brute Impact or possibly a groove box. it would be fun to do on-the-fly patterns. Before shelling out I want to see if it works, we already own ipads and have interfaces in our keyboards so the only cost would be for a non-free app.

I'm messing with "Drum Computer" on ios so far and it might do what I need (and much more). Any other suggestions?

For creating drum patterns Zenbeats, iMPC2, Korg Gadget, EG Pulse, Patterning 2 or even any kind of DAW like Nanostudio 2 or Garageband could do. Most come with factory content already which you can alter.

It seems to me for your goal you would benefit from a cliplauncher style app with saved patterns (could be from forementioned apps or native ones). In that context I think of Novation Launchpad, Groovebox, Blocks Wave, Auxy or even Sampletank (free) or even DrumJam. Options are endless😉
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Drum Computer is the bees knees, but I wish I could live record into the sequencer. Some people complain that it lacks oomph, but it's a matter of getting familiar with the synthesis engine. However, don't forget that the sequencer also sends MIDI out. I layer it with FAC Drumkit, which I recommend you try also.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”