Logic Pro for IPAD. strange latency problem

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello

I'm using (and loving) Logic on the iPad.
One thing i can not figure out though.
I'm probably missing something very basic, but well...

When I'm recording a virtual instrument, i have no latency problem at all, everything is very smooth. ( with audio recording there is a minimal latency but surely workable )
But when I'm playing it back after recording, all the MIDI notes are ( considerably ) late, they also are late in the editor, in other words, i would have to drag all notes back to make them correct.
With audio recording, the recorded waveform and sound are equally late ( same time difference )

In my view / opinion, this means that I'm recording MIDI ( or recording audio ) while listening to audio. ( all "playing audio" in the project ) which is late.
This could be of course, but on the other hand, it couldn't !! because I'm hearing everything ( including the instrument I'm playing, or the audio I'm recording ) in perfect timing/sync, NO latency or any problems whatsoever.

WHAT a i missing??? any answers or idea's are very very welcome!! THNX for reading.

My setup: Ipad Pro 2022 with M2 chip, maximum storage etc. and a RME Babyface Pro FS ( absolutely great!! ) i also have an Ik Multimedia IRIG Keys I/O as a MIDI keyboard ( no audio ). but to get this out of the equation, i played on the logic play surface.

I haven't noticed this issue on my M2 iPad; my only thought is that out of habit I almost always record in "low latency" mode. Have you tried that and does it have any effect?

YES!!!! first answer is the right one!!! Thanx a million!! i knew i was missing something ...

Still a bit strange, but who cares...

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”