ERHU

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am having so much trouble getting the Erhu setup. I had no trouble with the Upright acoustic bass..but I am befuddled.

I have the DLL files for Upright Bass and Free Electric bass and the Erhu in the same folder.
The Upright and Electric bass appear in my DAW but not the Erhu.

Can someone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

While I am at it, where should the Erhu library be located? I've tried several locations without success using Rectangles.

Well, I finally got it working. How, I have no clue. I first open Rectangles for no reason other than I have not tried it since I moved some files around. It worked.
Then I tried in my DAW and it showed up. But, I could not get any sound. Then I noticed a message that there was an update, this if for Mixcraft ( Pro. After the update, I tried the erhu again, but still not sound. I went it and changed some MIDI parameters and it finally worked.
I really wanted and needed this instrument. I used the MiniErhu for years and that was a really nice free plugin.

Now, onward.

CRAZYSTRINGS wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:23 am Well, I finally got it working. How, I have no clue. I first open Rectangles for no reason other than I have not tried it since I moved some files around. It worked.
Then I tried in my DAW and it showed up. But, I could not get any sound. Then I noticed a message that there was an update, this if for Mixcraft ( Pro. After the update, I tried the erhu again, but still not sound. I went it and changed some MIDI parameters and it finally worked.
I really wanted and needed this instrument. I used the MiniErhu for years and that was a really nice free plugin.

Now, onward.
Did you activate Erhu with Ilok license manager in the first place?

Yes I did. So all was fine until I tried to connect a CD burner and that froze up my computer. I tried in vain to solve this but I required the assistance of Dell..which unfortunately required me to reset my PC back to factory specs. Meaning I had to download everything again...and I am back to the same problem.

I can get it working in Rectangle as another poster has shared...the .DLL file is in the right place and the path to the library is connected.

But I can't get it to open in my DAW (Mixcraft 9 Pro). I did get it working before my PC problem, but as I wrote, I don't know what I did to make it work..

CRAZYSTRINGS wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:28 pm Yes I did. So all was fine until I tried to connect a CD burner and that froze up my computer. I tried in vain to solve this but I required the assistance of Dell..which unfortunately required me to reset my PC back to factory specs. Meaning I had to download everything again...and I am back to the same problem.

I can get it working in Rectangle as another poster has shared...the .DLL file is in the right place and the path to the library is connected.

But I can't get it to open in my DAW (Mixcraft 9 Pro). I did get it working before my PC problem, but as I wrote, I don't know what I did to make it work..
I am not familiar with Mixcraft, which formats does it support? VST2/VST3? Could you make some screenshots of the Plugins Path settings of Mixcraft?

Return to “Ample Sound”