B5 V3 Organ -tube amp preset

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I stumbled on this B5 tweak and wanted to share. Sometimes organs can feel a little too polite and clean, or they get too distorted too quickly.
I found that if you use the guitar amp IRs built into the UVI engine, you can get a nice tube type overdrive that sounds very realistic to me.
The front panel settings can be whatever you like, and once the Effects are loaded into UVI, they'll remain even when you change presets.

You can dial back the click and Tube Distortion on the front panel to clean it up a little if you like. Also the Mix blend level on the gtr amp sim can be dialed in to where you want.

I'm also using a UVI verb IR Small and Warm room but use whatever you like. I find that with these IRs you can change the room size by tweaking the low dampening and it responds better than if you use the Size parameter. Also blend the verb to taste or use whatever. It's really the guitar amp sim that's doing the magic.

I didn't really care for any of the other amp IRs, this one seemed to work especially great. I couldn't get anything close to this using other amp sims. It could be where it's placed in the chain in UVI engine. I also didn't care for the overdrive and distortion effects in B5 and even the tube distortion control gets over the top to my taste.

I turned off all the Leslie noise. I really love it, so turn it back on, but for my presets I prefer it to be off so there isn't noise in the front of the bounce out of the mix.

Try it out. I saved a Logic preset in the UVI header and also a B5 preset using it's own preset save browser. Pics are attached if nothing else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”