Repro-5 skin (split from Softube Model 80 thread)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rod_zero wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:18 pm
zvenx wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:05 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:57 pm ....... Anyone who actually tries both I think will find RePro-5 is far better as an overall instrument (FX, per voice distortion, browser quality, preset quality, more voices, more flexible, etc.).
This was my conclusion too, though like a few others mentioned, I found the softube one easier to tweak, for me.
rsp
IMHO it is the dark skin, demoing Model 80 makes it very clear for me as I don't have to look twice and hard to the knob position and labels (i have very high myopia so I really suffer when a GUI is hard to read). Maybe U.he could include a lighter grey skin.
I found the OG skin a little low contrast too but I've been using a modified version of Abernathy's skin. I believe it was based in-part on a modified version of a skin I did to make RePro-5 black with more Prophet-y knobs, then someone else helped narrow the wood panel, and Abenathy redid the fonts and outlines, and someone else showed how to expose the Velvet params so I made more mods. In all, I find this much more comfortable to work with:

You can find Abernathy's version in the U-he Patch Library and/or by searching the U-he forum if you think that would help. I think the new knobs with the outline make them much easier to read.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:38 pm
I found the OG skin a little low contrast too but I've been using a modified version of Abernathy's skin. I believe it was based in-part on a modified version of a skin I did to make RePro-5 black with more Prophet-y knobs, then someone else helped narrow the wood panel, and Abenathy redid the fonts and outlines, and someone else showed how to expose the Velvet params so I made more mods. In all, I find this much more comfortable to work with:

You can find Abernathy's version in the U-he Patch Library and/or by searching the U-he forum if you think that would help. I think the new knobs with the outline make them much easier to read.
The pictured skin is available here:
https://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins.html

Looks great

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:57 pm ....... Anyone who actually tries both I think will find RePro-5 is far better as an overall instrument (FX, per voice distortion, browser quality, preset quality, more voices, more flexible, etc.).
This was my conclusion too, though like a few others mentioned, I found the softube one easier to tweak, for me.
rsp
IMHO it is the dark skin, demoing Model 80 makes it very clear for me as I don't have to look twice and hard to the knob position and labels (i have very high myopia so I really suffer when a GUI is hard to read). Maybe U.he could include a lighter grey skin.

Very nice indeed, it reinforces my perception the default is too dark. Going to give repro another round using that.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:00 pm
rsp

Very nice indeed, it reinforces my perception the default is too dark. Going to give repro another round using that.
Thank you FunkyBot & Abernathy ! This skin is very good, and it makes repro-5 sounds as good as the Softube model 80 !
Last edited by SebAV on Sat May 13, 2023 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SebAV wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 6:58 pm
rsp

Thank you FunkyBot ! This skin is very good, and it makes repro-5 sounds as good as the Softube model 80 !
Since FunkyBot brought this up, here are the latest versions of my RePro skins, with the addition of a Prophet-5 logo version. Somebody let me know that the download and install works for them. I'd like to tweak the Model 80 a bit, but we'll see...!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lz8zrtqwaeval ... k.zip?dl=0
Last edited by abernathy on Sun May 14, 2023 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

abernathy wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:02 pm

rsp

Thank you FunkyBot ! This skin is very good, and it makes repro-5 sounds as good as the Softube model 80 !
Since FunkyBot brought this up, here are the latest versions of my RePro skins, with the addition of a Prophet-5 logo version. Somebody let me know that the download and install works for them. I'd like to tweak the Model 80 a bit, but we'll see...!

First of all, thanks to Funkybot, Abernathy, and any one else who worked on and contributed the skins. Much appreciated!

Second, where does one save these so that they can be accessed by the Repros 1 & 5 and how does one actually access them? I don't see a skin change option in Repro 5...

Thanks in advance!
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

Thanks.
For some Reason Prophet 5 skin is also showing as available in Repro-1, but choosing it doesn't change the skin.
rsp
sound sculptist

dlandis wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:16 am ....

Second, where does one save these so that they can be accessed by the Repros 1 & 5 and how does one actually access them? I don't see a skin change option in Repro 5...

Thanks in advance!
Different places for mac than pc (not sure about linux)
which one do you have?
on mac it is in Library/Application Support/u-he/Themes (the general library not the user library)... Don't remember off hand where it goes on pc, but i seem to recall that on mac, all the themes for all u-he vst's all go in one central folder mentioned above, but on pc each vst has its own data folder and somewhere in there there is a theme folder for that specific instrument, it goes in there.
I think it is in Documents/u-he by default.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:15 am
dlandis wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:16 am ....

Thanks in advance!
Different places for mac than pc (not sure about linux)
which one do you have?
on mac it is in Library/Application Support/u-he/Themes (the general library not the user library)... Don't remember off hand where it goes on pc, but i seem to recall that on mac, all the themes for all u-he vst's all go in one central folder mentioned above, but on pc each vst has its own data folder and somewhere in there there is a theme folder for that specific instrument, it goes in there.
I think it is in Documents/u-he by default.
rsp
Thanks for writing back. I have a PC, but I think I figured out where the skins go: C:\Users\*YOU*\Documents\u-he\Repro-1.data\Support\Themes\

Now I just need to figure out why the skins don't show as an option. I'll try restarting my computer.

(Later...)

Okay, got it. The manual has the directory for the VST2.4 plug-in; I'm running VST3. Those VST3 skins go in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Repro-1.data\Support\Themes\

(at least the way I have it set-up. YMMV based on where one's VST3 folder is.)

Again, thanks so much for the help!
Last edited by dlandis on Sun May 14, 2023 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hmmm.. You shouldn't have to restart your computer.
Where are you checking to see if the new skins show up as an option?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:56 am Hmmm.. You shouldn't have to restart your computer.
Where are you checking to see if the new skins show up as an option?
rsp
It's okay; I worked it out. It's that the default location is apparently only for VST2.4. I installed under the VST3 location and they were found immediately.

Thanks again!

abernathy wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:02 pm Since FunkyBot brought this up, here are the latest versions of my RePro skins, with the addition of a Prophet-5 logo version. Somebody let me know that the download and install works for them. I'd like to tweak the Model 80 a bit, but we'll see...!

These skins are amazing. Thank you.

EDIT: Sorry for the OT comment... forgot this was the Softube thread. Wanted to give a simple thanks though.

zvenx wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 3:13 am
Thanks.
For some Reason Prophet 5 skin is also showing as available in Repro-1, but choosing it doesn't change the skin.
rsp
Thanks for that info. I just fixed it and updated the download. We can go back to talking about the Model 80!

abernathy wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:02 pm

rsp

Thanks, looking forward to trying them. One question for anyone, I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to change the skins in Repro-5. I went to preferences but I don't see any option to select the skin. Can anyone clue me in on how to do that? I searched the user's guide but it doesn't match what I am seeing in the preferences window. Thanks.

Return to “Instruments”